Modern Camaro Forums banner

Leather or Cloth?

• Leather

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • Cloth

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Don't care either way

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Haven't decided, and won't until I see in person.

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I would like to know what people's choices will be for the interior, and more importantly, why?

Right now I have leather (tan) in my Vette, but get a little direct sun on there in the summer time, and the surface quickly becomes my skin, instead of leather. I want cloth, something dark that will not show stains that are bound to happen (I have kids, and it will be my DD).

So, please vote, and also discuss...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I currently have black cloth interior. While it does not show stains (I have a three year old who likes to drink her milk/juice in the car), I have this lint issue. The cloth interior is like a magnet for dust and lint, and no shop vac that I have ever owned (nor the guy who details my car owns) can ever get all of it out.

Granted, this will not be my DD (at least until the little one is able to sit in something other than a car seat - I am not athletic enough or flexible enough to deal with a two door car and a car seat :BangHead:), and if I take it to work, I park underground, but if it is in my driveway, it will be covered, and I am not to worried about those goofy things you put in the windshield to kkep the sun off (if it is not covered). Any one who wants to make fun of the thing in the window can either: A) Get in line to race me or B) Get in line to kiss my a**.

(Unfortunately, they may have to take a number for option B, there are a few people in front of them! :rotflmao:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cloth for me. I am tired of burning my but in the summer. I have had two cars with cloth & I loved them.

I know what you mean with cleaning but I will take the power washer to the interior once in awhile. I don't spray the dash directly since I don't want to get water behind the gauges but I hit the door panels & seats then shammy them dry (currently leather) & let it sit in the sun, never had any problems & it looks clean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cloth is more comfortable and cheaper. Cloth doesn't burn when it is hot and it allows my back and bottom breath better (less sweating:D).

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I have leather in the mustang, but if the cloth is nice; it may sway me.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am in the undecided category. If they offer "houndstooth" cloth...well, I will get cloth! (old school). It also depends on the color choices offered.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
My last 2 vehicles were leather and I have to say I like it better. If they use quality leather I think it helps with heat/cold, Also tint works great too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never had leather, but I don't really like it. Its always either hot or cold. In my experience its slippery too unless the seats are really good. I try to get no options in my cars, so cloth normally comes with that

1 - 20 of 34 Posts