·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't like those because they look like there is reflectix inside the taillights when they are not lite up.
yea i see what u mean, but it would be nice if they had the built in resistors in them so they are plug and play

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how difficult is it to remove the tailights?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not difficult at all.

1) pop the trunk
2) use small flat head screw driver or "popper device" to remove the covers
3) turn bulbs
4) pull out bulbs
what about the bezels? arent they attached to the tailamps?? do they need to be removed?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
529 Posts
really so they just pull out through the front and not that back side?
if you are just changing the bulb than yes sir

if you are taking out the housings and bezels, then its just a few more.

This video shows you how to do all of the above:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
not difficult at all.

1) pop the trunk
2) use small flat head screw driver or "popper device" to remove the covers
3) turn bulbs
4) pull out bulbs
I thought it was a real PITA getting the tail lights out ... I didn't have a trim removal tool so maybe that was part of it but still getting the inner nuts off was also a pain ... lost a 10mm socket doing it. Probably depends if you know what you are doing.

This was for the entire tail light assembly not just the bulbs

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have mine but have not installed them yet...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
if you are just changing the bulb than yes sir

if you are taking out the housings and bezels, then its just a few more.

This video shows you how to do all of the above:

2010 + camaro tail light bezel/tail light removal - YouTube
This video makes it look easy ... my bezels did not come out near that easy ... not sure if I used the same technique or not, so maybe that is it ... would be interesting to see other experiences ... I hope I never have to change mine again ... I passed inspection this time, but who knows what a different inspector will do ... as for the inner most screw on the lights, that one takes a lot of work to get out and, of course, the video didn't show that.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
529 Posts
my question is do u have to remove the bezels in order to remove the taillights?
maybe im confused as to what specifically you are referencing when you say "tail lights"

if you are removing just the bulbs then no.

if you are taking out the red housings which hold the bulbs, yes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm still liking what I have. I had these on my 2010 V6 and when I traded it, I wanted to remove them and the dealership insisted I keep the car as it was and compensated me for all my mods so I could add them to my new SS, which I did immediately! They do the sequential turn, rapid flash when the brakes are applied and afterburner affect.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maybe im confused as to what specifically you are referencing when you say "tail lights"

if you are removing just the bulbs then no.

if you are taking out the red housings which hold the bulbs, yes.
I'm still liking what I have. I had these on my 2010 V6 and when I traded it, I wanted to remove them and the dealership insisted I keep the car as it was and compensated me for all my mods so I could add them to my new SS, which I did immediately! They do the sequential turn, rapid flash when the brakes are applied and afterburner affect.
taking the housings out lol, ok so the bezels do have to come out

I like the look of those, who makes ur lights???

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like the look of those, who makes ur lights???
Mine are by Technostalgia. I think their website is cool-leds.com and you can also get them from Apex.

I really like them and they get peoples attention. Since I started running them people stay off my rear end more so now as the rapid flash is a mofo!!!:lol: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts