Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has their beenany news on the blue/orange LED tube light in the interior. I heard at one point it might not happen b/c of legal reasons. I hope it does because that really makes the interior stand out

·
Registered
313 Posts
the ambient illumination works just like it does on the Cadillac CTS and Merc S Class - It is dim enough not to distract while driving. ..and it is ON while driving.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I understand the lights won't be a distraction when driving, and god knows I'm all for them, I think they look amazing. But I've always been a little suspicious with how they are going to be legal in all states. I have quite a few buddies who have gotten pulled over for having a blue or amber light inside their car. The police have said that these colors are expressly forbidden inside a car. I even checked the state statutes a few years ago on this and sure enough in MI and TX what I read is that these colors are forbidden except on an emergency vehicle. I don't know if there is an intensity level at which they are legal but one was not mentioned in the statutes. Anyway, not gonna affect me as I can't afford anything more than a 1LT :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
CD07, the laws you're mentioning in certain states more than likely are referring to any lighting from inside the vehicle that would be visible to other vehicles that could be mistaken as an Emergency Service Responder. The ambient lighting package in the Camaro would only be visible if you stood next to the vehicle and looked inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts