Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 5thgen.org
Do anybody know where i can get the new camaro for less than msrp if so do you do you know the estimated cost for me to get shipped to Memphis TN because im 17 years old and this will be my first car and i got $17000 in the bank to go down on the car and i dont wont to have to alot of money every month on the car because the job that i go dont pay alot and i dont get alot of hour?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello 5thgen.org
Do anybody know where i can get the new camaro for less than msrp if so do you do you know the estimated cost for me to get shipped to Memphis TN because im 17 years old and this will be my first car and i got $17000 in the bank to go down on the car and i dont wont to have to alot of money every month on the car because the job that i go dont pay alot and i dont get alot of hour?

Good luck--I am close to Memphis also and I was able to get them to accept the College Grad discount @ MSRP and nothing more. I could not get the supplier discount or employee accepted. If you find a dealer let me know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello 5thgen.org
Surely you can find something better to blow your life savings on other than a car. if I had that much money when I was your age, I'd have put a down payment on a condo.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
lrgguru,

There are two dealers here (on 5th gen) that I would talk with. Camaro Scotty is on record for MSRP (or possibly less) and he knows about shipping.

ducaticorse,

Why are you a hater? If this is what he wants, let him be.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Surely you can find something better to blow your life savings on other than a car. if I had that much money when I was your age, I'd have put a down payment on a condo.
The way I see it, he's sitting pretty good if he's got $17K in the bank and is 17 years old. The wage issue will be in his favor as he progresses with an occupation......I think it's cool that he's able to purchase the car he really wants.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really got 30k in the bank but im just going to put 17k down and im not going to touch the rest until i graduate from college and its been in there for about 2yrs so its gaining interest

·
Registered
81 Posts
Smart move boss! As long as you don't get the most expensive camaro available, throwing 17K down on the car will allow you to get a really good monthly payment plan. But just to warn you, don't be to surprised if you get stuck with a some what high interest percentage. I bought my truck when I was 19 brand new. Out the door it was $21,900, I through down 10K, and got a 7.99% interest rate, because i was young and a first time buyer. But even with that rate, my payments came out to be $240 a month for 5 years.

Luckily i was able to pay it off within a year. :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If you're not in a huge hurry to be first, you could wait just a tad until they start filling up a bit on dealer lots. Not saying they won't be flying off the lot, but unless things turn around soon in the economy, I got a feeling you'll be able to get it for a lot less than MSRP by waiting a little while. Obviously, right now, there's not much leeway other than MSRP that dealers waiting for a car will be getting them in first as the projections of allocation may be adjusted later. I have a feeling by the time things are ramped up, you'll be seeing some flow-through fairly quickly after the initial surge of enthusiast buyers. But that's pure speculation.

I'm holding out for a convertible, so hopefully I'll be able to put my hands on one, test drive it, and get a better handle on what I'll need to order. So I have to wait. I don't like it, but that's how it works.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good luck with the purchase. Don't pay a cent over MSRP. Shouldn't have to especially for a V6. I'll be a serious buyer at MSRP minus $2000. Until then, I'll be paying off the GT500. Paid off the Dodge Ram this month and the Solstice last month. Selling another vehicle (Sprinter van) so I'll have shed three monthly vehicle payments in about two months. Frees up some mod money.

·
Registered
122 Posts
GM is hurting - why would you even think about paying MSRP :lol:

GM will be giving the Camaros away come Feb 09 if they are still in business.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

GM will be giving the Camaros away come Feb 09 if they are still in business.
you get the chicken little.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some of us don't want to see GM fail. They're offering an exceptional vehicle at a more than reasonable price. Paying MSRP to get a vehicle I want at what I would still consider a reasonable price along with helping a company I truly hope survives is reason enough for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts