Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
"...The first, the 2004-06 Pontiac GTO, failed to reach sales expectations and was dropped..."

Nice twist. :rolleyes:

They make it sound like GTO was dropped because of poor sales.
Fact is, GTO was a 3-year deal from day one. It never was intended on being made longer because of Monaro production ending then too.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
"

They make it sound like GTO was dropped because of poor sales.
Fact is, GTO was a 3-year deal from day one. It never was intended on being made longer because of Monaro production ending then too.
That's true.

The original GTO was a ho hum mid-size car with a potent engine. I think the often "bland" comments about the 2004-2006 cars' styling coupled with the fact you could get 350 or even 400hp makes them fitting of the "GTO" name. The car has great driving manners and you can comfortable drive for hours without being uncomfortable. Anybody looking for a 4 door car in the future should add the G8 to the list to cars to test drive, you will be surprised by the quality the Aussies produce.

I'm glad I bought my GTO. I'm disappointed the value fell so much.
GTOs will be bargain basement cars in a couple more years. I'll consider picking up another one if the price is right. I'm not sure why the article says people in the Midwest don't like RWD cars. Maybe people didn't like the GTO because they couldn't get much bigger tires to fit inside the wheel wells of this particular RWD car. Wheel/tire selection for the GTO is an art for some. LOL

·
2,774 Posts
**** people think the GTO was a flop...grrr..I hope a GTO comes down the line soon I could pick up for cheap. A nice car a real nice car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
THE GTO WAS NOT A FLOP
THE GTO WAS NOT DROPPED BECAUSE OF POOR SALES
THE GTO WAS NOT A FLOP
THE GTO WAS NOT A FLOP
THE GTO WAS NOT A FLOP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts