Modern Camaro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love muscle cars and as much as I want the new Camaro to be a hit, it won't make it if GM doesn't rethink their strategy. GM as a whole is nearly 20% down in sales and things may get worse. In order to sell off some of their inventory GM has announced yet another discount pricing program to entice customers to buy. Many Americans have lost faith in the big 3 and have since moved on to foreign automakers like Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, without looking back. Plain and simple, GM is facing an uphill battle and they need to pull out all the stops to regain some of their lost market share. The Camaro will not sell by name alone. Although it has an exciting history behind it, that means absolutely nothing to the majority of car buyers. Believe it or not guys, there are more people interested in the latest Toyota Preius than the Camaro. The Camaro will work if GM can capture more than just the muscle car enthusiast. How?

1. Offer great performance (this shouldn't be a problem)
2. Offer quality that exceeds expectation (to be determined)
3. Offer competitive prices and tremendous deals to those willing to spend their money with GM instead of another car manufacturer. ( If it's priced right GM should have no problem selling more than it's scheduled number of units. It will make a hell of a statement if the #1 selling car on the road is a Chevy Camaro.)

·
8,984 Posts
Can I be Frank?

Don't call me Shirley!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
In that case, I'm Anderson! (don't ask)

About your post, you can't predict exactly what will happen until you see the demand for a vehicle like this. It gets as much fuel economy as the 210 horsepower base Mustang- while having 90 horsepower more! In my eyes, that's real progress.

Anyway, I'm still Anderson (still don't ask)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Go look at this Guys Past Threads all he does is Put GM donw he must be a MOLE lol Anywho ZANI if u think you can run GM better maybe you better contact them....Your Opinion Isnt gonna Sway US on how we Feel about there cars its a GM FORUM Maybe you should Do this in a FOX body Forum?

Dave

·
Registered
897 Posts
Can I be Zaniacz........oh wait, nevermind he makes posts that piss people off. I'll just be a Camaro lover.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Go look at this Guys Past Threads all he does is Put GM donw he must be a MOLE lol Anywho ZANI if u think you can run GM better maybe you better contact them....Your Opinion Isnt gonna Sway US on how we Feel about there cars its a GM FORUM Maybe you should Do this in a FOX body Forum?

Dave
Does he really think he can change someone's outlook on GM? This is a GM forum! (well, a Camaro forum to be exact. But Anyway!) If we didn't like GM, we really wouldn't all have Camaros on our Avatars and signatures. But most of all- unlike him, we wouldn't even be on this site making meaningless posts. His name should be 'useless', because that's what he is.:screwy:

P.S: I'm still Anderson.....

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
People flock to the big 3 of the Asian world because they are drones. Anyone with a half a brain would know they aren't any more reliable than what we have stateside. They also aren't more fuel efficient. What the Asians do have is the perceived "best of the best" which helps resale. About the only thing the Asians do better is their interiors. Cars like the Malibu are starting to change this, though.

There is a reason why there are choices. You want to default to an appliance, but a Toyota. You want something with soul, get yourself a Camaro.

:patriot:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
as long as you can get a V6 with 300 hp under 25k and a SS/RS under 35k, this car sells....
You owe me a screen, cuz I smashed the hell out of that bug. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Oh yeah, and can I be Louise?

And Anderson, is that first name like Anderson Cooper, or last name like "Mister Anderson" in the Matrix? :D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
never fails...when we go 2 weeks without Camaro news, the "sky is falling" posts start spewing.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
OH *#&$%!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, TOO? First GM is going bankrupt, then the SS will be over 45k, then the Camaro "misses the mark", and now you're telling me the sky is falling? What's next, war with Iran?

·
Registered
897 Posts
OH *#&$%!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, TOO? First GM is going bankrupt, then the SS will be over 45k, then the Camaro "misses the mark", and now you're telling me the sky is falling? What's next, war with Iran?
:rotflmao:

Its ok, I work for the government, if the sky was falling I'd know first......then again we'd make up something to calm the public.....hmm so I guess for all you know the sky is falling.

Quick thinking attention defer; "Everything is going to be ok, the Camaro RS/SS will be under 35K"....phew, crisis averted, now back to figuring out how to stop the sky from falling

·
Registered
61 Posts
People flock to the big 3 of the Asian world because they are drones. Anyone with a half a brain would know they aren't any more reliable than what we have stateside. They also aren't more fuel efficient. What the Asians do have is the perceived "best of the best" which helps resale. About the only thing the Asians do better is their interiors. Cars like the Malibu are starting to change this, though.

There is a reason why there are choices. You want to default to an appliance, but a Toyota. You want something with soul, get yourself a Camaro.

:patriot:

Please, I'd like to know what you where drinking when you made this statement becasue just about everything you said was and I'm sorry dead wrong. Yes Toyota makes an appliance not a car an yes the new Malibu is a good change for GM, but on the hole GM makes crap cars and I mean crap compared to foreign car makers.

Have you ever gotten in a cobalt and then gone for a ride in a Honda civic, If you have you would know that there is a world of difference in the two cars and you would know that the civic is the way better car hands down. I can't think of anything the cobalt does better than the civic other then say the price.

This is just one example of cars in the same segment that the Japanese do so much better the America, and I would guess the Japanese build better cars/vans in every other segment other than trucks.(no one in the world builds a better truck that Ford and GM)

People that think like you allow GM and Ford to keep building crap because you have this mentality that if it's not build in America it can't be good. The reason the big three build inferior cars is because there used to be enough people that thought that way, but they got tired of there friends/family having great experences with there Japanese cars.

Oh things will change the people demand it, but right now Japan makes the best cars in the world hands down.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Please, I'd like to know what you where drinking when you made this statement becasue just about everything you said was and I'm sorry dead wrong. Yes Toyota makes an appliance not a car an yes the new Malibu is a good change for GM, but on the hole GM makes crap cars and I mean crap compared to foreign car makers.

Have you ever gotten in a cobalt and then gone for a ride in a Honda civic, If you have you would know that there is a world of difference in the two cars and you would know that the civic is the way better car hands down. I can't think of anything the cobalt does better than the civic other then say the price.

This is just one example of cars in the same segment that the Japanese do so much better the America, and I would guess the Japanese build better cars/vans in every other segment other than trucks.(no one in the world builds a better truck that Ford and GM)

People that think like you allow GM and Ford to keep building crap because you have this mentality that if it's not build in America it can't be good. The reason the big three build inferior cars is because there used to be enough people that thought that way, but they got tired of there friends/family having great experences with there Japanese cars.

Oh things will change the people demand it, but right now Japan makes the best cars in the world hands down.
K then, do me a favor and take a Silverado 30K miles with no oil change and then do the same with your Ridgeline...... tell me the difference then.

And BTW i drive a 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 with 250,000 miles and have never had to do anything other than normal maintenance. no big jobs on it at all. thats **** good build quality if you ask me. yes interiors may not be up to par but i'll drive my truck over a cracker jack honda anyday.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
How do you define "best"? I think the Germans make a better quality car than the Japanese right now. BMW and Mercedes are far superior cars. Or do you mean something different? Because by saying "the Japanese make the best cars", without giving any supporting information, is pretty much an opinion.

Best will always be a subjective judgement.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.