Modern Camaro Forums banner

What did you order ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you've actually ordered, mark it in the appropriate spot in the poll...

I will be putting this poll up on the three main Camaro sites. Please vote in ONLY ONE poll. I will tally the totals from the three and report back.

As of: 8/22/09 1:57 AM

V6 LS1 21
V6 1LT 62
V6 2LT 204
V8 1SS 166
V8 2SS 967

V6-> 287 20.21%
V8-> 1133 79.79%

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just ordered a Base V6 from Classic, was told they only have a few spots left. Eric also told me from what he can tell its an 80/20 breakdown with V8's making up 80% of orders

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Just ordered a Base V6 from Classic, was told they only have a few spots left. Eric also told me from what he can tell its an 80/20 breakdown with V8's making up 80% of orders
80% V8's? Well, Al Gore isn't gonna like hearing that now will he? Wait, Al hates cars...except his own gas-guzzling SUV's, Limo's, private jets.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump for 2nd shift...

·
Registered
157 Posts
im confused as hell, why the hell would you get the 2ss? leather is it!?

and yes ive read the spec page many many times...i just dont see how its worth it...octane please set me straight!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im confused as hell, why the hell would you get the 2ss? leather is it!?

and yes ive read the spec page many many times...i just dont see how its worth it...octane please set me straight!
leather
with it comes the ambient lighting
upgrade to Boston Accoustics stereo
connectivity package included plus other related options
4-pack center console gauges
heated mirrors
heated seats

·
Registered
157 Posts
hrm...i see...

well, being in the midwest with the "swamp ass alerts" in the summer im debating leather; of course cloth in a SS will look silly.

ambient lighting im debating back and forth, the video that was posted of the digitial camaro was quite cool, but of course that was ideal lighting ;)

boston acoustics...debating...

connectivity package i dunno what the hell it truly is (for better cable management inside the engine or if its stereo stuff)

4 pack center console gauges to show the aux...debating and unsure what itll really look like

heated mirros = bleh

heated seats...hmm...octane is it worth it to have em up in chicago? its 59 for the high today in St louis.

:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I orderd the 2SS/RS.

Personally, I am not suprised to see the V-8 making up most of the pre-orders. I think the amount of V-6 sales will surpass V-8s for people buying off the lot. My reasoning behind these thoughts is admittedly, totally subjective (and possibly flawed).

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's probably a good thing that Chevy isn't releasing the SS in dark blue (at least as of right now), or else I probably would have already "bought the farm" so to speak.

I'm doing my best to hold out to see what pricing options are available and would hate to order at MSRP and then find out that employee pricing will be offered. I'm a serious impulse buyer though, so that's why I'm almost glad that Blue isn't available...otherwise I have no doubt I would have broken down and ordered, cause I REALLY do want one.

If and when I do get one I plan on the following:

1SS/RS
Manual Transmission (sports cars just don't "feel" right as an auto)
Indigo Blue Metallic
White Rally Stripe Package

Still debating over the following nicities, but not necessities:
Boston Acoustics Sond
Power Sunroof

If I can't get blue, I'll probably end up with Silver Ice and Black stripes, and have to decide if the midnight silver wheels look right with Silver Ice paint.

I like all of the options in the 2SS package except leather seats. Leather seats are just a pain in the butt (quite literally) on a hot sunny day. I don't every plan on owning another car with leather seats.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's probably a good thing that Chevy isn't releasing the SS in dark blue (at least as of right now), or else I probably would have already "bought the farm" so to speak.

I'm doing my best to hold out to see what pricing options are available and would hate to order at MSRP and then find out that employee pricing will be offered. I'm a serious impulse buyer though, so that's why I'm almost glad that Blue isn't available...otherwise I have no doubt I would have broken down and ordered, cause I REALLY do want one.
completly agree...i would sell a kidney to get a imperial blue or JINX blue™

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday...

1LT Automatic Trans
added RS & Conv Packages and Sunroof
Cyber Gray Metallic with Black interior

·
Registered
349 Posts
Got mine today...

2SS/RS
Inferno Orange Metallic with Inferno Orange Interior Trim Package
Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes
Body Color Painted Engine Cover

Came to just over $37,000, but I'll have a nice downpayment too

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Got mine today...

2SS/RS
Inferno Orange Metallic with Inferno Orange Interior Trim Package
Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes
Body Color Painted Engine Cover

Came to just over $37,000, but I'll have a nice downpayment too

congrats Sean! I guess you were able to find a dealer you were happy with?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts