Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AND IM NOT TALKIN ABOUT THE ONE SOME OF U SEE DOWN THE STREET!

I think that the Camaro will get the Hydra Matic 6L80 (6speed auto) for a automatic transmisson.

Do u guys think that this transmisson will have alot of the weak points that the 4L60E had?

I wonder how long it will take them to produce a stall for these?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
6L80E is a nice beefy transmission. :)
I'm really hoping Camaro gets that, at least for the V8 models.
V6 models would probably be ok with the 6L50E, as in the V6-powered CTSs.

V8-powered Pontiac G8 is indeed getting the 6L80E, so methinks that bodes well for Camaro's chances at getting it too. :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they had a 4l60E and a 4l80E
I wonder will there be a chance of them doing somethin like that again.
Or will they just work with one trans.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Like Octane said, I think due to the platform sharing the transmissions will be the same from the G8. I bet the stalls will be available before or when the G8s appear in the states and will be the same from the G8 to Camaro. I think aftermarket companies will love that. 1 R&D program for 2 two cars, and reap the benefits.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I'm quite sure the 6L80E will make its way under our fenders especially if its already in a G8. That trans has no parts in Common with the 4L60E. Its more closely related to the 4L80E than any thing else. I can tell by looking at it that its a monster of a trans (much like a 4L80E). My brother in-law (who works for Coleman Taylor) told me they have been told that it will be a beast with well over a 600 ft lb stock rating. Can't wait though as one of those might be retrofitted into my car. Shouldn't take too long for a stall to be introduced. hell most are restalled exhisting units anyway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just hope they include some paddles for it, I'll have to drive the auto and the manual before I decide which i'll buy. I have been reading some on the g8 and holden boards..and they say this trans is pretty darn good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts