Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Letters to Oshawa –

Every year, we gather letters of happy owners of GM automobiles produced in Oshawa such as the Camaro/ Impala/ Monte Carlo/GMC or Chevy Pick-up trucks, and submit them for publication to the CAW Local 222 Union website. These letters are immensely appreciated and read by both current and retired workers.

Please take a moment and write a letter to the plant workers expressing how your new vehicle has brought you joy. Include your name (last is optional), city, state and country.

Here is a link to last year’s submissions should you need inspiration -

http://www.cawlocal.ca/222/newsdetails.asp?NewsID=0DAA1DBB-4F77-4F7C-A998-0F4CA9548819#

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE LETTER IN THIS FORUM but rather email your letters to [email protected] and no later than August 13th.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I sent mine direct to Mike last year.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I sent mine direct to Mike last year.
Yes, I sent one too, but this is for publication. Mike, I am sure, would recommend this way in addition to your direct letter :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I sent about $32,000 worth of thank you's when I bought the car. :thumbsup:

I think I deserve a thank you from Oshawa for spending my hard earned money on the Camaro. ;)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

I think I deserve a thank you from Oshawa for spending my hard earned money on the Camaro. ;)
Super60 has thanked us many times on behalf of the Oshawa employees. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts

tradosaurus

On behalf of the entire Oshawa Camaro Plant i Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro , we wish you all the best and happy motoring .

Mike
Super60:5go:

·
Registered
92 Posts

I'd say you got a deal, unless you got a V6 model. The Camaro is built about 60 miles from where I live and I paid $42,665 CDN for a 1SS 6M with sunroof, black stripes, ground effects pkg, 20" polished wheels and car cover before dealer extras. We can't buy cars that are made in Canada as cheap as the same vehicle that is shipped to you in the US from the same Canadian plant. Something to do with the free trade agreement I think.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I dont think I could ever say thank you enough to Super60 and the crew up in oshawa for my baby.

Going on this trip will be the longest time away from my car that I have spent since I got it.
oh well she deserves a rest.

·
Registered
299 Posts
tradosaurus

On behalf of the entire Oshawa Camaro Plant i Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro , we wish you all the best and happy motoring .

Mike
Super60:5go:
Your welcome! :thumbsup:

I will say that this is the most fun I've had of any car I've owned in the last 30 years.

:5thgendrive:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your welcome! :thumbsup:

I will say that this is the most fun I've had of any car I've owned in the last 30 years.

:5thgendrive:
I would have to agree! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Crap! Darn near forgot! Thanks for the reminder. Just sent ours.

Here's a piece out of the letter that I think could sum it up for most Camaro nuts:

I’m betting that if we collected pictures of every smile that you’ve brought to the faces of Oshawa-built Camaro owners every time they get behind the wheel and sent them to the Oshawa plant, I seriously believe you would quickly run out of storage space.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crap! Darn near forgot! Thanks for the reminder. Just sent ours.

Here's a piece out of the letter that I think could sum it up for most Camaro nuts:
Excellent!!!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts