Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1998 Lexus es300 has had some problems lately..

At the start of December, it wouldnt start, so we took it to the shop and they replaced the battery.

All good? Nope. Three days later, the car wouldnt start in my school parking lot, so I waited 1 hour for my dad to get off work and jump me. Halfway to the shop, the car ran out of gas! My dad, a random lady, and I pushed it half a block into a parking spot and we got it started. My dad was driving the Lexus and I was driving his Tahoe. One block from the shop the car ran out of gas again, but this time there wasn't power either! We pushed the car into the entrance of an alley and sprinted to the shop. They gave us a gas can and my dad drove his Tahoe to the nearest gas station to fill it up. When he got back to my car, he noticed that it didnt have a nozzle, so I had to stick a pencil into the hole to open up the tube while he poured. While this was going on, I had to get to a meeting within the hour. The Lexus wouldnt shift into neutral, so we couldnt push it into the nearby parking lot. My dad had to drive the Tahoe up on the sidewalk to get next to my car to jump it.

She stayed the night in the shop and they replaced the alternator.

On Wednesday, I went to lunch at 7-11, and when I was about to leave to go back to school, the car wouldnt start again! I had 10 minutes to get back to school, so I opened up the hood and searched for someone to jump me. A random guy walking down the street came up to me and right away said it was the starter solenoid and proceded to rock the car and check the electronics. All electronics worked and rocking the car did nothing.

He said to wait it out and try starting it in a few minutes, and he left. After a while, it started! I rushed to school and was 15 minutes late. Lexi spent the next day in the shop, just to have them tell us that the key and remote are too close, and on a metal key ring! :eek:

I have her back now and I'm waiting to see what happens to her next.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
that sux bro... but just further proof that toyota/lexus doesn't made cars that never break as some people seem to believe. get it running and trade it in on something american ;) :patriot:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
For shame CSSM.... and i thought you were a car guy My vin is on the drivers side but at the very bottom of the windshield

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I have just never had a need/want to look at the VIN number. I could have sworn Lexus' are made in USA
Are you questioning Tim? That is unheard of i think there might be the banhammer coming down on you

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
You both have gay cars but SSRS is better than yours cus it is still GM

1 - 20 of 47 Posts