Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You bet! It will just take a whole lot of money and time (less time the more money spent):

Wheels, body panels in CF or the like are going to be your biggest gains... followed by suspension, brake components and a drycell(race style) battery.

Get em!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
carbon fiber hood, trunk, doors, fenders

pretty sure Seibon makes all that.

remove the rear seats and seat belts
get 19 or 20" lightweight 3 piece wheels; 19s would be the lightest
if you want to get extreme, just remove EVERYTHING out of the interior except the instrument panel and driver's seat.

doing all that will take at least 600-700lbs off

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
headers and aftermarket exhaust will shed a few lbs (around 30 I think)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Rear seats dont really weigh much and it would look hella rice unless you made it a full blown race car. Ive taken out almost 200 lbs and you cant tell where Ive removed or altered things except for the rear wheels.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
OR...you could install 4.10 gears and lowering springs/sway bars....and all of a sudden the car doesn't drive like it's big and heavy anymore.:D:p

·
8,984 Posts
In my 92, I removed the back seats and seatbelts. The carpet covered almost everything, so it was no big deal.

I also removed all of the heat shields, jute backing in the rare of the car and did not have any accessories in the back.

It weighed 3050 at a NHRA track. Low option car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Long tube headers to high flow cats to custom x-pipe to replace resonator. Mufflers removed and replaced with straight pipes w/ stock tips.

Replaced Brembos with v6 brakes.
18" knock off z06 wheels out back.
sway bars and springs changed out.
front bumper support removed.
rear bumper support removed.
Yank 3600 converter.
Removed some extra plastic from inside the front fascia by the radiator.
Removed air dam.
Removed tire inflator kit.
Removed spare tire cover and carpet.
Removed top piece of metal that sits over the battery.
Removed floor mats.
Removed center speaker from dash.
Removed both engine covers.
Replaced stock intake for New Era OTR intake.
Removed hood liner.
Make sure washer fluid is empty.

Added Nitrous plate kit from Nitrous Outlet....weight is without bottle or nano bottle.
Added a trans cooler.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I went [email protected] last night with the above mods. It definately needs a re-tune going from a rotofab to the New Era intake.

·
Registered
589 Posts
No, I just made my own set-up. I think I made a half assed write up here when I did it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts