Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
saving my $$$ for 2010...
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Today was a good day."

Today, I went to the Long Island Auto Show and their main display was the ACTUAL 2009 Camaro used in the Transformers movie. It was the first time I had seen this thing in person. Pardon my excitement but I love this friggen car.

I noticed something about this car. It particularly applies to this car used for the movie. It won't apply to the rest of the concepts. Who's going to be the first one to notice what I noticed right away???........

I'll post my findings if nobody guesses correctly....

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Thanks for sharing pics, nice.

:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the paint job.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fake wheels? :p The non-concept headlamps? The non existent door handles? :p

yes on all 3 but I was particularly shocked by the fake wheels.....lol:lol:

here's a better pic......notice the plastic disc brake without a caliper....lolz:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Best looking car with hubcaps:D

I swear that paint is a different color in every pic I see. I wish I could see it in person.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Best looking car with hubcaps:D

I swear that paint is a different color in every pic I see. I wish I could see it in person.
Best looking hubcaps period. :lol: You can see the sexy black steelies behind the wheel covers. Now that is 100% sexy. :D

I'd take that car off their hands, fake discs or not.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I like the yellow color 2nd pic from the bottom. Nothing like having 4 spare tires all at once

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Talk about drooling, I was sold on the hugger orange with gun metal stripes till I watched Transformers. Now I will have to see them both (yellow and orange) in person to make my decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting the great photos, will be excited to see the car at the DC Auto Show this January.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
^Welcome to the forum :hello:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, did you notice how much of the yellow paint had pearl in it? Was it a definate stand outish pearl, or just a hint of it. I'd love to see it in person, but looks like they didn't like the idea of it coming to the St. louis Auto Show :mad:

This question gow to anyone who has seen it in person.

Thanks,
Sean W

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You definetly notice the pearl. It's worth going to see in person. :D

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just saw it at the Long Island Auto Show @ Nassau Coliseum (10-21-07)
:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at Ramp Chevy on 10/22, and man that was cool to see all the local Camaro guys come out.
A guy I know also went, and was being told by the dealers that there would "absolutely" be a 500+hp blown engine option, as seen in the new CTSV. A couple people got tricked into putting downpayments on that rumor. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts