Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I'm not sure yet how I feel about it.

When is privacy not really all that private?

Been searching for a new vehicle for the wife. Once I took Selena's suggestion about showing the wife a CTS Wagon, she REALLY likes it. Since the "non-V" CTS wagon is kind of a hard bird to find, regardless if it's a 2010 or 2011, I've had to turn over some rocks to try and find one suitable that the wife would like. So when I find something that could be do-able, it's not close to home, so I send a vehicle inquiry through the dealer's website.

I know that GM likes to keep records of things. Some because they have to, but some because they want to, such as customer sales, etc.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I learned something today about the inquiry process. With the limited information that you provide them, the preferred method of contact (which so far, they're respecting), there's additional information provided to them by GM that I never provided, such as my work phone number and the newest GM vehicle I bought, namely a 2010 GMC Sierra.

I know it's standard procedure to share information and when I buy a GM car, I give them authorization to do that. It's not like I'm mad about it or anything, but I don't really see the need for them to have more information than what I give them just to ask a simple question if they still have the car in question.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
hmmm that's interesting info. I dont think I've ever received a lead from GM showing previous purchases or phone numbers not given by the contact. Did you purchase your GMC from the store that has the CTS that you're looking at?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Your info is retained and in a lead system.... GM uses it for current owner offers etc....if the dealership put your name in the lead system, it stays there - and if you submit a new lead, all your previous data comes up to that dealer.... at least here it does...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah. Ok. Thanks. Like I said, it's not like it's info on how many relatives I have or what schools they attended and whether or not they like broccoli. I just found it a bit odd was all. The reply from the dealer was by him simply hitting the reply button to me, and it showed all the contact info I sent them, plus info I didn't send them as well.

And no, this is a completely different dealer than where I got the truck. Never had any business dealings with this dealer before.

Big Brother is watching us... :)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a pearl white 2010 model that's still new on the lot. The dealer was caught up in the "GM is axing us, but no, now we're reinstated" deal. So they had some 2010s on the lot and got their franchise back when the 11s started coming in, so nobody really wanted "last year's" model. They said they used to have several that way but they're slowly finding buyers for them. Especially when you can get a 45K car MSRP for a bit over 34K with EVA! And dig this. They used to have it marked up over sticker by $2K because they were a new model!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
WOOT!! sounds like a white diamond CTS wagon is in your future. soooo jealous!!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I hate you now, Selena because we're likely going to be buying this one. Which means another road trip. Way to go! GRRRR!!!

j/k :)

It'll be our official "now we're old and have a cadillac" car. I promised myself long ago that I'd never own a four door car, OR a station wagon or mini-van. And we'll be killing two of those three birds right off the bat. (angry birds!)

Oh, but technically it's going to be HER car, so I'm still not breaking my promise! Woot!

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Hey don't sweat it, we have a Cadillac too and we're not old. :lol: :lol:

BTW - Pictures are required when you get it! :D
Yeah we have owned two Cadillacs. They are not like they used to be. Well exept for the DTS maybe. I used to hate it when I got those boats for loaners.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
We want pictures...

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
:lol: @ el ess x. hey, it's not just any ol' Caddy... or four door... or station wagon. it's a freaking CTS wagon. they are sexy!! at least IMHO :D can't wait to see pics. good luck!! :thumbsup:

...and i'm still jealous!!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Teasers...from pics the dealer sent me. Secured 3.25% financing on pre-approval already. Insurance is only like $279 every 6 months. Ducks are all in a row. Unfortunately we're predisposed and cannot pick it up (pending approval on our arrival) until next week.

Eric, I sent you a PM...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So when does a Cadillac cost LESS than a Camaro?

This keeps getting better. Dealer called and said he got me 2.65% for 60. Holy crap. I remember back in the mid-80s with GMAC, you needed to put a 1 in front of that, and it was considered a decent rate then.

$34,360.84 out the door ($300 max SC sales tax). Total savings of $10,949.16 under MSRP, before my GMExtendedFamilyCard points applied.

Hmmm. We paid a tad more than 35K for our Camaro out the door. I did the math. :) The CTS is cheaper! (of course, incentives always help)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Teasers...from pics the dealer sent me. Secured 3.25% financing on pre-approval already. Insurance is only like $279 every 6 months. Ducks are all in a row. Unfortunately we're predisposed and cannot pick it up (pending approval on our arrival) until next week.

Eric, I sent you a PM...
Wow, love that CTS Wagon. You'll enjoy it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
**** dood!!! now i'm really drooling :drool: :drool: :drool:

and does it already have the windows tinted and everything? sweet!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Great score! A CTS wagon for 34.4K! WOW!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts