Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2016 Camaro 1SS
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking about opinions he had wrong

"Sometimes, in the fullness of time, I actually start to like a car more. In the case of the Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible, I started liking it more the minute I got out of it. Driving this big, heavy V8-powered cruiser fast is like trying to play tennis with a wooden racket: Yes, it can be done, but it's demanding and hard on the wrists. And yet, whenever I see one of these cars on the road (or, here in North Carolina, in a ditch), I think, Wow, that is some massive styling. I don't care if it is a hunk. This car always looks like it just shot a 12-point buck or won the Bassmasters Classic. It's a special redneck kind of awesome."

Whole article
2011 Car Reviews: What Dan Neil Got Wrong | Rumble Seat - WSJ.com

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just one thing to think about when it comes to verts that I hadn't thought about. If you plan to track your car you cannot without a rollbar. It is the only thing I don't like about my 370Z. I live just a couple hours from Watkins Glen and cannot take it out on track days or to race schools.:angry:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yeah it has more weight but it def doesn't rattle like the 4th Gens! GM knocked it out of the park with the new Camaro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts