Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the trigger on this mod, anyone else run this combo yet? :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Make sure you have an expert tune it for you. It should rip along pretty well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are the power gains from it???
You and me both, I guess I'll have to update the dyno number in my sig when all is said and done...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spent four hours with the tuner on the dyno today, final hp number was 479 but I didnt realize there wasnt a torque number with it although at one point during the tune process I saw a torque number of 456 so that final number might be higher. I also noticed my dyno sheet was in mph and not rpm. I wonder if that can be corrected in the file? All in all the car feels much stronger... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Spent four hours with the tuner on the dyno today, final hp number was 479 but I didnt realize there wasnt a torque number with it although at one point during the tune process I saw a torque number of 456 so that final number might be higher. I also noticed my dyno sheet was in mph and not rpm. I wonder if that can be corrected in the file? All in all the car feels much stronger... ;)
nice is that to the wheel?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, at the wheels...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, who was I kidding? I thought I would like the "sleeper" sound of my car with the GT-11 cam in it and though it makes good power I "NEED" (lol) a more aggressive cam. So it looks like Wednesday morning will be cam swap day and retune in the afternoon. Putting in the Comp Cams 54-454-11. Its 227, 243 @.050 and 614, 624 on a 113 center. I guess I'll lose a little bottom end (who cares got 3.91 gear) and hopefully pick up a bit (ok, more that a "bit") on the top end. Anyone else use this cam yet? :rock5thgen:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
You might wanna look into getting a custom cam at this point. You'll get more out of it than from an off the shelf cam.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well, who was I kidding? I thought I would like the "sleeper" sound of my car with the GT-11 cam in it and though it makes good power I "NEED" (lol) a more aggressive cam. So it looks like Wednesday morning will be cam swap day and retune in the afternoon. Putting in the Comp Cams 54-454-11. Its 227, 243 @.050 and 614, 624 on a 113 center. I guess I'll lose a little bottom end (who cares got 3.91 gear) and hopefully pick up a bit (ok, more that a "bit") on the top end. Anyone else use this cam yet? :rock5thgen:
why will u lose bottom end on that cam?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More duration and more overlap.;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds pretty good to me! I'm going with a cam soon. Probably towards the end of Winter. I don't know which one yet. Most likely a custom cam. Who did the install? How much did they charge?
Did it myself, I've always built all my gen 1 small blocks so I figured it couldn't be that hard and it wasn't ;) I also installed a Edelbrock two piece timing cover to make future cam changes easier.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Did it myself, I've always built all my gen 1 small blocks so I figured it couldn't be that hard and it wasn't ;) I also installed a Edelbrock two piece timing cover to make future cam changes easier.:rolleyes:
Thats impressive. Oh if only I had a house with a garage...lol!! Congrats on the upgrade man. Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats impressive. Oh if only I had a house with a garage...lol!! Congrats on the upgrade man. Enjoy it!!
Roger that, thanks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I have a garage ... that doesn't help :lol: ... now if I could get my wife to give up her garage

1 - 20 of 32 Posts