21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good news!

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks for all your help..i have to think i am ok...
From everything you have posted, I'd say your ok for sure. As long as that dipstick looks good, then you have no head gasket issues.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
what would the oil dipstick look like..my coolent is redish. also i would think i would see a leak under the car if the head gasket was bad

·
Registered
22 Posts
what would the oil dipstick look like..my coolent is redish. also i would think i would see a leak under the car if the head gasket was bad
It would look like the oil in your catch can. Milky, not black. Check this picture out. If its that color on your dipstick, then you've got water in your oil. And no it will not leak on the ground, it will leak internally, Thats why your oil gets milky, water and oil mixed together.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure why I couldn't post a pic. Anyway I sent you an email. Hope that helps, and that its not the color of oil in the pic.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
hey guys just seen there is coolent at the very bottom of the radiator i cant get to it because the fans are there i was able to feel under the radiator also and it felt wet.. i am hoping it was from the coolent change that was done and its only spillage that has not dried up yet.. i put some heat on it and that is what it smells like after driving the car and parking it..seems like there is know where for it drain or go it just sit on the bottom of the radiator what do you think

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check your fluid levels (you probably already have) make sure your not loosing coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
That will work, hose it off after you clean it with soap. Make sure you get all that coolant off. It's possible they left the drain cock open a little and that's where your fluid is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
hey guys.. i was able to dump some soap and water on the bottom of the radiator wiped the bottom of the radiator as best i can dam fans in the way.. let it sit for a few hours just got back from driving it for 25 minutes with the heat on temp was at a steady 194. all gauges look fine.. pulled it into storge open the door no smell open the hood and did not smell anything.. i have a very faint smell if i stick my head in the bay but nothing like it did before i dumped the soap down there..it is only 50 degess damp and raining on and off here in ny..i have to think the soap and water clean most of it up.. i am sure there is a little more but i cant see it on the driver side.. waiting for a really hot day

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to hear! Glad everything has worked out well for you. Cleaning the antifreeze is a lot cheaper than doing a head gasket. LOL

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
lol... i was so scared it was a head gasket.. now i always look at my exguest to see if the wet condensation is coolant.. looks like its just normal condensation... thank you for all your help.. just need a really hot hot day to dry it all up. my car drives so good smooth and has some balls on it... now just waiting for the exguest bezels that are getting powerd coated with the mesh on them.. and headlight tint and i am all ready for a wash and wax...

·
Registered
22 Posts
lol... i was so scared it was a head gasket.. now i always look at my exguest to see if the wet condensation is coolant.. looks like its just normal condensation... thank you for all your help.. just need a really hot hot day to dry it all up. my car drives so good smooth and has some balls on it... now just waiting for the exguest bezels that are getting powerd coated with the mesh on them.. and headlight tint and i am all ready for a wash and wax...
I wasn't trying to scare you, and if I did, that was not my intention. When you described everything, it certainly sounded suspect. I am glad everything worked out for you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coolant is one of those things where some people are VERY sensitive to the smell while others are not. And it takes a surprisingly small amount to smell stongly to some people. I wouldn't worry about it. that car needs a good long drive for several hours to burn off the water from the oil.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts