Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my stripes done over the weekend. Decided to go with the bumblebee in flat black. Like these a little better than the standard rally's cuz they're a little bit different. Got the side gills done and blacked out the bowties too. Pics...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Nice, different looking strips ... you just plain painted the bowtie or is it some sort of decal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, different looking strips ... you just plain painted the bowtie or is it some sort of decal?
He covered em in the same vinyl. Think they came out pretty good. Temp fix though cuz I want to go with the heritage grill and then black out the rear panel and put on the retro SS symbols front and back instead of the bowties.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
He covered em in the same vinyl. Think they came out pretty good. Temp fix though cuz I want to go with the heritage grill and then black out the rear panel and put on the retro SS symbols front and back instead of the bowties.
I was wondering because I am building a paint order ... louvers, hood, splitter, bevels, engine cover ... and was wondering if I needed to add a bowtie. I want to get it all done at once. I have my heritage grill with retro SS sitting on my table waiting to get to install :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering because I am building a paint order ... louvers, hood, splitter, bevels, engine cover ... and was wondering if I needed to add a bowtie. I want to get it all done at once. I have my heritage grill with retro SS sitting on my table waiting to get to install :D
Oh cool on the grill, they look really nice. Ya it was real easy...he just put the material over it, hit it with a heat gun, then trimmed around it.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm diggin' the look! Came out nice. Especially like the way the spoiler stripes came out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very nice how the stripes extend past the mailbox. The stripes look flat or matte, any know issues with getting wax on 'em?

·
3,081 Posts
Very nice how the stripes extend past the mailbox. The stripes look flat or matte, any know issues with getting wax on 'em?
You will wont to stay away from matte black stripes with wax. I use Aerospace 303 Cleaner which offers uva protection and then hit them with Adam's Detail Spray. Always keeps them looking new.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You will wont to stay away from matte black stripes with wax. I use Aerospace 303 Cleaner which offers uva protection and then hit them with Adam's Detail Spray. Always keeps them looking new.:thumbsup:
Thx, ya I heard to not wax them. I'll check into those products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts