Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All - I'm not a "muscle car" guy really. I'm a dad, 34, and I own a small business. I have a 12 year old brother, who was of course my hero growing up. When he left for the Navy, he bought a 1980 something Camaro, which I thought was the coolest car of all time. I've never liked fancy sedans, but I've always loved sport cars. When I saw the new Camaro, I KNEW I'd have to get one!

Yesterday, I picked up my brand new 2011 2SS. It is a Black/Black convertible. I LOVE convertibles and although I live in New England, I'm dying for the good weather to come back and enjoy this with the top down! It also had the RS package and the upgraded wheels. I'm also not a "rim guy", but these 20" wheels with the shinny new rims look AWESOME!

So, needless to say, I'm excited about the car! I haven't done anything to it yet, but I'm considering getting some chrome or stainless dash trim pieces. If anybody has suggestions/ideas along those lines, please let me know.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Let your heart (and wallet) be your guide!!
Welcome and show us a photo when you get a chance.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Congrats on your new car... Not only a way cool Car, but also Kiplinger's and Money Magazine's Best Buy in a Sport Coupe....

Enjoy your new Car..

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ragtop!!! Lookin forward to some pics when ya can. :)

Bill

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Hello, Welcome & Congrats from Central Texas!!!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site, I have the chrome fog light bezels and love the look. I also have the coolest license plate frame, see picts.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pictures are coming... Promise! Here's the issue - I've been driving around because I'm excited, but I live in New England... we already had a couple of inches of snow, and today we are getting 12"!

The car is a bit dirty, so I don't want to post cruddy pics. I'll do a good two bucket wash on Monday or Tuesday, then pics are coming!

Love the site too. You guys are all great!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations. I'm in the same boat, 48 year old with high school kids. I have a 2012 on a truck to be delivered within a week or so. Never really been a muscle car guy myself, always drove trucks but like you...Don't think there is a better looking car on the road. Never too old to drive what you like!! My kids can't wait to get a hold of the keys themselves and I can't wait as parent to let them take a spin once in a while.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Up in NE, once October hits, it's never the right time for pictures until spring time ;)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got the car all cleaned up nice right now. Going to take some pictures tomorrow because I can't pull it out of the garage right now (raining).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts