Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pull out my car to give it a wash on this beautiful 72 degree day, probly the last warm day here in chicago until after winter, only to find a low pressure warning from my consule. The tire pressure read zero, surely this must be a mistake.... I pull it in to the driveway get out only to what turned out to be a key in my tire. :angry: it was so far into the tire that I had a hard time spotting it. So now the dealer has to order me a tire in the morning to the tune of 440 but they will match the 419 price given to me by ntb... hopefully they will get it in before sat as I was planning on hitting the track for the first time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I'm moving this to 5th gen general discussion...this really has nothing to do specifically with the v8 engine.

That totally sucks though man...I'd be pissed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
****, that's alot of bucks for a new tire!:eek::eek: I did not know that.
You bet your butt I'll be checking my tire pressure more often.

·
Registered
498 Posts
A plugged tire works fine as long as it's done correctly
Beats 419 out of pocket

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
So I pull out my car to give it a wash on this beautiful 72 degree day, probly the last warm day here in chicago until after winter, only to find a low pressure warning from my consule. The tire pressure read zero, surely this must be a mistake.... I pull it in to the driveway get out only to what turned out to be a key in my tire. :angry: it was so far into the tire that I had a hard time spotting it. So now the dealer has to order me a tire in the morning to the tune of 440 but they will match the 419 price given to me by ntb... hopefully they will get it in before sat as I was planning on hitting the track for the first time.
That sucks :(
Hope you get it together for track day :cool:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I think there is a good chance that it could be but is it a good idea with this kind of tire?
I'm not sure it would be any different that any other tire.

You could pick up a patch kit from any auto parts store for very cheap that have the tools you'll need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep had a flat while going down the freeway on Monday. The TPS sensor said 20 lbs and within a mile it was at 12. Hit Onstar and had them gt me a tow truck toe pick me up. Had to wait till today to get the tire in. Lucky I have the road hazard offered by Classic here in Grapevine. Also alot of places will not patch/plug a z rated tire.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
take it to Discount Tire Co. they fix flats for free if you ever bought tires from them before. they might even fix it for free b/c its a new camaro! at most it will cost you $25 to have a tire shop properly plug and patch it for you.

i used to work at a tire shop... as long as they plug/patch it from the inside out and the hole isn't within 1/4" from the sidewall any type of tire can be repaired.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts