Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the local dealership to look at a silver Challenger they had sitting in the lot. MSRP is a little under 38k. . . They sold it for 48k. . . ****ing ten thousand dollar markup. . . ridiculous.:BangHead::BangHead:

Do you guy think this will happen to the Camaro when it comes out or is this because of the limited stock of only 6500 srt challengers the first year??

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Challenger is a limited production vehicle, Camaro will not be.

If there was a Z28 type performance edition, I would expect to see some of this.

I don't get the issue with dealers doing this, as long as people are willing to pay it, go for it. Obviously the buyer didn't mind paying a $10K premium to be the first on the block :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
in this case - more money than sense

·
Registered
77 Posts
Northern California: $25,000 over sticker, yes $25k!!! Must be why they had 2 of them still sitting there. With an MSRP of $41k I could never justify $66k for an SRT8 Challenger, hell $41k seem too high! Unfortunetaly some sucker will drop the $$.:screwy:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured the mark up was because the first year there's only 6500 made.. and all of thethe srt8 version.

By the way. The dude that bought the car is in the military. . In Iraq right now. So I assume he has the money to spend because what else is there to spend it on over there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There is a Challenger Scotty, called Fiesta Dodge. They sell at MSRP or under, just like you. I was looking at a Challenger R/T trakpak through him. (DONT STRING ME UP. I love ALL American Muscle, I just happen to be more fond of the Camaro than other cars.) - Anyways, the SRT8's are the only limited production chally's. When the R/T's and SE and SXT models start rolling off the lot, they'll hit their production boom, and things will be MSRP. That being said, I'm not paying 35k for a well option, 350hp Challenger, when I can possibly pay the same for an RS\SS.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought they we still going to have the option for the srt8 challenger next year too. . . It's just a limited run for the first year...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Funny I came across this thread. My cousin works at a bodyshop near some dealers... he just sent me this pic a few hours ago.

They sold for 60K each. :confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
F******************ck that, man. :\ When the SS's come rolling off the line for 35k a pop, I'll be tickled pink. And I'll have one the next day. No way am I paying over 60k for anything short of a lightly-used Z06, or a 94 Viper.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He said they were "numbered" I'm not really sure what that means lol but I guess it justifys the mark up?
Means Dodge is only selling 6,500 of the SRT-8 models this year. They all have a number inside letting you know when it was built.. Kind of like the old Daytona Shelby's.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
10k over sticker doesnt seem bad at all compared to Say the ZR1 Which Is Going From 50-100 K over sticker

·
Registered
275 Posts
They could be in the same class. Challenger is the pudgy kid who sits in the back eating the candy bars he has hidden in his desk, while the ZR1 ditched school to go racing with the cool kids at the track. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts