Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silver V6. sticker is $29,???.they are marking it up $5,000. I told them good luck..I'll be going somewhere else when I go to buy a camaro later this year.
One salesman said "I thought is was $10,000" on the mark up..They both looked at each other like a couple of dumb ass's. They dont know sh&t.
They are getting a IOM 2SS in later this week. Cant wait to see what thats going to cost.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
OUCH...run, don't walk outta there. Plenty of other dealers that'll be happy to sell @ MSRP. Greed sucks.:eek:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Silver V6. sticker is $29,???.they are marking it up $5,000. I told them good luck..I'll be going somewhere else when I go to buy a camaro later this year.
One salesman said "I thought is was $10,000" on the mark up..They both looked at each other like a couple of dumb ass's. They dont know sh&t.
They are getting a IOM 2SS in later this week. Cant wait to see what thats going to cost.
I think they were trying to work you with that "I thought it was $10,000" :duh: comment. Anyway, yes lame.

Makes me wonder though... I ordered from a dealer that reportedly was selling at MSRP, but every time I asked to confirm they were selling at MSRP, they would say, "yes nothing over sticker." They kept saying "sticker" whenever I said MSRP. I wonder if "sticker" will be MSRP + markup.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
yep, We all knew there would be dealers pulling that garbage. The one closest to us has a red rs sitting on the floor with a 5k mark up. I am so tempted to go look and see what kinda comments they make.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A lot of local dealerships here in so cal are doing the same thing. I found one who said (via email) that all their camaros will be sold at MSRP. I wonder if the pricing will ever drop down enough to be able to haggle for a price below MSRP? And if it will be enough of a drop that it will be worth the wait? Any opinions?

·
8,984 Posts
I know of a dealership asking $2000 over MSRP on All Camaros right now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll wait till the end of the year before I pull the trigger, by then everything should of calmed down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll wait till the end of the year before I pull the trigger, by then everything should of calmed down.

I went in with Mike & Ron from Vengeance when I ordered mine (we and another guy ordered 5 collectively) - Day's in Acworth and Team Chevy in Alpharetta are both selling at MSRP and are initialing the workorder with price.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did not go with that crap with Harley-Davidsons and I will not do it with a Camaro. The HD dealers used to "accessorize" the motorcycles and call them "custom bikes"and jack the prices way up. The stupid yuppie a-holes used to eat them up. Anyone who payed that premium price now knows that it doesn't mean sh*t to a potential buyer now. If we pay over MSRP for our cars, watch how fast that they depreciate when the initial rush is over and reality kicks in. Any dealer that tries this crap on me will never get my buisness. These are NOT limited production specials, they are standard Camaros. What happens when the same dealer that sold you yours for an additional $5000.00 is awash in these cars? In case no-one is paying attention, GM is almost bankrupt and there is a recession going on. I have been to 2 dealerships lately and I was the only one other than salesmen in the showroom. These greedy dealers deserve to be out of buisness and I will help that happen by spending my money at a deaslership that treats me fairly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Luckily I'm in (what used to be) a GM town and dealers are doing GMS on Camaros.

As far as the markup I saw that when PT Cruiser owners tried to trade them in after paying a premium. After like a year the lots were flooded and the cost dropped so of course trade ins plummeted. If you gotta have it, can afford it and won't ever trade you can do it, but as a few people said, once production catches up they'll drop prices. Really as I remember there is decent profit in MSRP, though it's been a while since I was in sales I'm guessing that hasn't really changed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went in with Mike & Ron from Vengeance when I ordered mine (we and another guy ordered 5 collectively) - Day's in Acworth and Team Chevy in Alpharetta are both selling at MSRP and are initialing the workorder with price.
They tuned my 05 vette and my 07 Trailblazer ss. WHEN I get around to getting one it's going straight to Vengeance for cam and tuning.

Are you coming to the Atlanta F Body Gathering? May 22-25

·
Registered
7 Posts
They tuned my 05 vette and my 07 Trailblazer ss. WHEN I get around to getting one it's going straight to Vengeance for cam and tuning.

Are you coming to the Atlanta F Body Gathering? May 22-25
I'll probably show up that Saturday, will see what the Vengeance boys plans are as well.

·
2,774 Posts
The dealer am going to today for the big event..it was a stock V6'er not an RS and they had it at 27K...I was like WOW...

·
Registered
12 Posts
MY local dealer is asking 5000$ for a red v6 ****ing salesman i told him how much is it going to be he said 27,000 +10,000 over sticker price +a 5000 doller as down payment so i was like NNNope i was like why so much because its new?he said yea then he told me quote:Then this is not the car for you... u know what i said i talked to the manager which he started kissing ass btw i told the salesman i do have the money to buy one cash right now and u lost a customer. sigh then i told the manager they are selling for sticker price just not ur dealer

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
MSRP or walk , I know GM has no control over it but it hurts the companys perception big time, things are bad for the General they have a product people want and that needs to be exposed out on the road and they want 2 5 10 gs over sticker,

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
MSRP or walk , I know GM has no control over it but it hurts the companys perception big time, things are bad for the General they have a product people want and that needs to be exposed out on the road and they want 2 5 10 gs over sticker,
I disagree, it doesn't hurt the company one bit. I have yet to see adverse impact to GM Ford or Chrysler in the 25+ years this has been going on at some dealers. :cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts