Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my local Chevy dealer still has a good selection of new 5th gens on the lot. They just got three new 6th gens in, including one SS, but what happens to the dozen or so 5th gens still on the lot?

They have red tag pricing on them. However, I don't think that is moving the cars. How do they eventually get sold? Do they send them auction after so many days or soemthing?

I'd imagine after so many days in the lot, the dealer starts to incur more expense in floor plan even considering the holdbacks that GM must be giving them.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
They will be there ... I've seen some cars sit for a LONG time ... there will be more and more discounts but eventually someone will get one (or more) for a very good price, but it won't be for a loss to the dealer or GM ... the 6th gens will have some affect, but they may also help sell the 15s as people look at the deep discount on a 15 as compared to the no discount on a new generation.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Our dealer still has a Z/28, but I think they also sold one recently

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I think that this month will see the deepest discounts since the dealers will have to pay TAXES on remaining inventory to the government after year end.

(Who's idea was that???:angry:)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I stopped by Crews Chevrolet today on my way home from Charleston and they still have quite a few 2015s also.
I test drove a 2016 2SS and was amazed at the improvements Chevy has made over the 5th generation. Wow!! A lot of the bells and whistles that are in my Stingray are in the Camaro now. I really liked it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts