Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Chevrolet near us has 9 Camaros on the used car lot. :eek: that's a TON for our area.

Scott and i drove by the other day and we were like dizzamn! and some of 'em have a good bit of miles too. do they re-VIN CTF cars before they sell 'em? cuz these have regular VINs, but maybe they are old CTF cars or something. i dunno...

oh yeah, and these guys are serious price gougers... so the prices are at least good for a laugh. (wow! i can get a used SS for more than i paid for my brand new one. what a steal!!)

http://www.bestchevrolet.com/VehicleSearchResults?pageName=PreOwnedVehicleSearch&make=Chevrolet&model=Camaro&search=preowned&search=certified&bodyType=&trim=&priceSearch=0&minPrice=0&maxPrice=45000&minYear=1985&maxYear=2010&minMileage=0&maxMileage=208000&minMPG=17&maxMPG=37

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Best Chevrolet near us has 9 Camaros on the used car lot. :eek: that's a TON for our area.

Scott and i drove by the other day and we were like dizzamn! and some of 'em have a good bit of miles too. do they re-VIN CTF cars before they sell 'em? cuz these have regular VINs, but maybe they are old CTF cars or something. i dunno...

oh yeah, and these guys are serious price gougers... so the prices are at least good for a laugh. (wow! i can get a used SS for more than i paid for my brand new one. what a steal!!)

http://www.bestchevrolet.com/VehicleSearchResults?pageName=PreOwnedVehicleSearch&make=Chevrolet&model=Camaro&search=preowned&search=certified&bodyType=&trim=&priceSearch=0&minPrice=0&maxPrice=45000&minYear=1985&maxYear=2010&minMileage=0&maxMileage=208000&minMPG=17&maxMPG=37
Queue response from OA in 1-2-3-4-5...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saleable CTF cars retain their A9000xxx VINs
thanks, i couldn't remember. well, then ****... these cars can't be local. i have a hard time believing 9 people in the area traded in their Camaros already. there's only a handful on the street around here to begin with.

·
8,984 Posts
soooo, $5000 markup for New or $10,000 markup for used.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure how that business works, but those seem like some low mileage cars to be selling rental cars already, no?
Since GM got those cars out so quickly for the exposure, it may have been a time exposure rather than a mileage usage contract - just guessing. I guess we'll have to see if Fbodfather chimes in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts