Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here have any experience with the eaton g-80 locking dif im having issues with mine on my truck.

·
8,984 Posts
What problems; like it's not working because it is a hunk of SH!T, the eaton that is. :lol:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i just started noticing that when i push the button on the dash to engage the locker then accelerate hard and either spin the tires or just corner fast i get a kinda skipping from the right tire and the truck will pull really hard to the right...kinda like the truck is way out of alignment....its under warranty and theres a TSB for a similar problem...and the fix calls for useing synthetic Gear lube...well ive had it in for the TSB and <Fix> now its skipping and pulling to one side now the pulling to one side is a New thing.are my clutches in there shot...when i push the button again and turn it off it stops

·
8,984 Posts
Sounds like it is working. I might just not understand your "problem". Are you loaded or unloaded?

A locker is supposed to create a a locked situation; so skipping around a corner is normal as the inside tire is turning faster than the outside tire in a true locked situation.

In a straight line if it is doing this unloaded, it sounds like the clutches are going out or the actuator is failing; i.e, on/off/on/off/on/off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts