Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on a locking fuel door and having trouble getting it to lock and be flush with the body at the same time. Amybody out there put one on with any issues. I have a couple ideas and will post what I end up doing. In the mean time any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
How about just a locking cap instead of a locking fuel door?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have fixed my own problem today!:) What I did was get some trim tape at the local Napa store and completly cover the sides ot the mechanical piece that comes out, then I cut a section of a 1/8" large washer to match the catch piece and attach it to the inside with some trim tape as well. All is well ! :D I wish they had done a better job making the fuel door assemble, but aftermarket parts are usually a problem. As for a locking gas cap, I think we all wish we could get one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to also mention that I cut off the pin completly that pops out to open the original fuel door. Hopes this helps anyone doing a locking fuel door.:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that it is on, I love it. Just deciding what to do for the fix was the worst, but the actual work only took about 30 minutes. I am used to aftermarket parts from owning many motorcycles over the years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts