Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO you see there are a lot more post on there, and this Tran fellow seems to think he has to be as the moderator the hero of the very young....Or should I say the idiot who sticks up for the young as this is the second time I have had him give me the boot. It appears that adult conversation to a 16 year old thinking of buying a Camaro, and wondering about those that would encourage him on is too much. Sure I have to wonder when a post that seems to be fishing for long replies gets on there.....like : Hi my names Dim Witman and I am 16 and want to buy a Camaro, how much is insurance for a 16 year old with a 4.0 gpa. SO I write down the amount of money it takes to buy a used Camaro on payments and stipulate he probably cannot get financed $500, and give $200 as the more likely full coverage charge for a young male and then explain how working full time for lets say he is lucky $8hr
full time while being in school and having home work so giving him 14 hr days with work not homework, to net him 1200-20% taxes to get his dream car is not practical right now and he should keep his eyes on his education or watch his grades fall and think of college.............And have to wonder about the posters that encourage this kid....And none of them who supposedly have Camaros at their 17 etc have a pic on their profile and if they did would most likely be a member of the silver spoon society. I am thinking I am gonna have to just delete my profile there when I get back on it and just use it for viewing only because one more run in with this Tran and I am banned for life. It just goes to show how prevalent the kiddie movement is on most internet crap that a normal intelligent person of age gets no respect, even though they have helped a lot of people out on a site.

Well enough rambling, I tend to do that as I am over 50. I am a new member here and have read others had trouble with Tran. My next mod to my Camaro is most likely going to be rear window louvers I think, I know many think its mustang but heck I like the look and that's what matters so here is the ones I want.

2010-2013 Camaro Aluminum Hinged Rear Window Louver - MRT Direct

I already made a side rocker stripe on my Camaro to confuse mustang lovers and this will confuse them even more I believe ....rofl.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
What you don't realize is, TRANS thinks he's the Almighty Himself. He is the owner of the other site too.

If you're not one of his buddies, you run the risk of being banned for anything.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Welcome. Things are a bit more quiet over here.

As for the louvers, I wonder how is the rear visibility out of them? The Camaro's visibility isn't the greatest and I have a bit of it lost with the high wing spoiler.
I have both louvers and a high wing spoiler ... pics in my build thread I am pretty sure (if not, I'll get them on pdq) ... I like the look a lot, though I am pretty sure I am going to get them painted to match the car when I go switch out my hood and get it painted. As for visibility, no more issues than with just the HWS. In daylight, no issues at all, but at night cars are sneaking up on me left and right :lol: I do believe the louvers do a better job at keeping the car cool in the hot summer. One last thing on the MRT louvers, make sure you do not have the clips all the way open when you close the trunk ,,, don't ask me how I know this :angry:

btw, Envy has a post somewhere on the inside visibility with louvers, that is a pretty good representation though I have the MRT brand vice the brand she has. MRT are metal and are a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
SO you see there are a lot more post on there, and this Tran fellow seems to think he has to be as the moderator the hero of the very young....Or should I say the idiot who sticks up for the young as this is the second time I have had him give me the boot. It appears that adult conversation to a 16 year old thinking of buying a Camaro, and wondering about those that would encourage him on is too much. Sure I have to wonder when a post that seems to be fishing for long replies gets on there.....like : Hi my names Dim Witman and I am 16 and want to buy a Camaro, how much is insurance for a 16 year old with a 4.0 gpa. SO I write down the amount of money it takes to buy a used Camaro on payments and stipulate he probably cannot get financed $500, and give $200 as the more likely full coverage charge for a young male and then explain how working full time for lets say he is lucky $8hr
full time while being in school and having home work so giving him 14 hr days with work not homework, to net him 1200-20% taxes to get his dream car is not practical right now and he should keep his eyes on his education or watch his grades fall and think of college.............And have to wonder about the posters that encourage this kid....And none of them who supposedly have Camaros at their 17 etc have a pic on their profile and if they did would most likely be a member of the silver spoon society. I am thinking I am gonna have to just delete my profile there when I get back on it and just use it for viewing only because one more run in with this Tran and I am banned for life. It just goes to show how prevalent the kiddie movement is on most internet crap that a normal intelligent person of age gets no respect, even though they have helped a lot of people out on a site.

Well enough rambling, I tend to do that as I am over 50. I am a new member here and have read others had trouble with Tran. My next mod to my Camaro is most likely going to be rear window louvers I think, I know many think its mustang but heck I like the look and that's what matters so here is the ones I want.

2010-2013 Camaro Aluminum Hinged Rear Window Louver - MRT Direct

I already made a side rocker stripe on my Camaro to confuse mustang lovers and this will confuse them even more I believe ....rofl.

I don't think they look Mustang'ish, but I may be biased ... see my build thread for MRT Louvers on a 2012 CRT

Also, I wouldn't know if I ever got banned over there or not because I seldom go and it is easily more than a week between trips

·
Registered
275 Posts
c5 is a bunch of wamkers, you cant speak your mind there with out getting banned, they all a bunch of suck-ups & spoiled brats.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Keep in mind, there's not a lot of posts here because most are good posts not **** ones like, " I modded my Camaro today... LED fog Lights". That's not a mod, that's replacing light bulbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear about you getting banned. I read a similar post from you the other day were you talk about younger folks at c5. I think c5 is so large there are all types of Camaro owners. I am 48 and got my 2SS/RS back in April, I had a 1994 gen 4 that was my first Camaro. I found this site when C5 was down and I enjoy both.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Welcome,

Glad to hear you're considering a Camaro! Good luck in your search and keep us posted on the process.

Best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
244 Posts
I too am sorry the you got banned by this person called Tran. I personally don't know him but I do know that for both websites GM monitors all issues that were all having and always offers to help if there's no resolution. For GM to offer this I appreciate this kind of back up allot.

I say if no resolution is in order take it up with GM by sending them a private message and I'm much sure they'll bend over backwards to help you. Even my own issues in my newly bought Camaro this is my course of action and at the same time keep the website as clean as possible.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
57 Posts
GM can't do anything regarding how Camaro5 is run. It's a privately owned forum.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am back on now at c-5, and just after taking the ban break....( you get more than one chance....) I noticed just how many of the posts are so gosh dang friggin juvenile, so I have to avoid even posting a reply to the kiddie section as apparently they are his favorite and the future for him.........trolls, posers, and the fat and the furious, along with the inexperienced and such. Oh well I can still help people there once in a while, and while searching found this article on a rear I would like to get

Install and Review: Eaton Detroit Truetrac For The 5th Gen Camaro SS - LSXTV

ANd this gm service BOT cracked me up........lol this is my second 5th gen ss.............

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am back on now at c-5, and just after taking the ban break....( you get more than one chance....) I noticed just how many of the posts are so gosh dang friggin juvenile, so I have to avoid even posting a reply to the kiddie section as apparently they are his favorite and the future for him.........trolls, posers, and the fat and the furious, along with the inexperienced and such. Oh well I can still help people there once in a while, and while searching found this article on a rear I would like to get

Install and Review: Eaton Detroit Truetrac For The 5th Gen Camaro SS - LSXTV

ANd this gm service BOT cracked me up........lol this is my second 5th gen ss.............

I'm glad your back on the other website. Just try to separate yourself from the children thatt come on from time to time and I'm much sure you'll be fine.

Still I'm also glad GM Customer Service monitors both websites.:thumbsup:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol thanks and yes I find most posts now that I am on there are a lot of children and I just try to be helpful to those I can. I guess I just never noticed it before that there are so many posers and wannabes on there. I just look to see if they have a pic of there car and what they are taking about to figure out if they are blowing smoke out their arse........Or is their post is so juvenile it does not deserve a reply, apparently though they have lots of young friends, and if that is the future of c-5 good luck to them. The next gen is around the corner and only true owners and real gear heads are the real deal.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I am back on now at c-5, and just after taking the ban break....( you get more than one chance....)
Don't count on the moderation being fair...my first ban on C5 was a lifetime ban and it was for finding humor in a ridiculously over dramatic post by another lady. The ban was lifted after 5 months...just as mysteriously as it was imposed...because I never asked for it to be lifted.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
lol thanks and yes I find most posts now that I am on there are a lot of children and I just try to be helpful to those I can. I guess I just never noticed it before that there are so many posers and wannabes on there. I just look to see if they have a pic of there car and what they are taking about to figure out if they are blowing smoke out their arse........Or is their post is so juvenile it does not deserve a reply, apparently though they have lots of young friends, and if that is the future of c-5 good luck to them. The next gen is around the corner and only true owners and real gear heads are the real deal.
No offense, you keep saying that you're looking out for the young kids there but it sounds more like you're belittling or condescending them. And maybe that is why you were banned. Maybe you came across in a different manner than your intentions were. Even in your opening post on your thread here it kinda sounded like you went from offering good advice to kinda insulting the kid. Yes it is always helpful to give good advice. But if you're doing it in a way that looks like you're talking down on someone, then you will get looked at. Maybe instead of generalizing about young kids finances you should have just advised the kid to go over his income along with his expenses and see if it'll work. And you could have told him to do this with his parents. And also, you say that you're looking out for the young kids, but then you keep making the statement that kids are the future and Tran is protecting them...and it sounds more like you're making fun of them. If you were banned once, then I can see your point. But you were banned twice. That's gotta be telling you something. Just lay off them a bit. And maybe phrase your words a bit more like you're actually concerned.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts