Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my LT's and cat-back installed and of course, my check engine light is on now. My question is, can I take it to a dealer to clear it or do i just have to get it tuned. If I get it tuned, will my warranty be voided? I think I know the answers to these question but I just thought I'd ask. The only reason i care to clear the CEL is for the remote start so if someone knows of away around that, please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I just got my LT's and cat-back installed and of course, my check engine light is on now. My question is, can I take it to a dealer to clear it or do i just have to get it tuned. If I get it tuned, will my warranty be voided? I think I know the answers to these question but I just thought I'd ask. The only reason i care to clear the CEL is for the remote start so if someone knows of away around that, please let me know! Thanks!
U need to have it tuned, GM wont tune it for you, this is what i have planned when i get my LTs

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U need to have it tuned, GM wont tune it for you, this is what i have planned when i get my LTs

This is what i thought but i was hoping someone would make my day and say the dealer could help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well technically, some dealers would help you...if you purchased the parts there, had them do the install, and bought a tuner. But end of the day it would've put a nice hole in your pocket. I got a custom tune from Diablew...do a Google search. The price was really reasonable especially compared to what others are charging. You will just need to get a tuner.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
This is what i thought but i was hoping someone would make my day and say the dealer could help me out. Thanks
Well technically, some dealers would help you...if you purchased the parts there, had them do the install, and bought a tuner. But end of the day it would've put a nice hole in your pocket. I got a custom tune from Diablew...do a Google search. The price was really reasonable especially compared to what others are charging. You will just need to get a tuner.
Like Chapel said, and i would have it dynoed tuned by a good shop like i had done up here to all of my 4 LS cars it made a huge difference no lights and lasted forever, and the prices are reasonable compared to the hand held tuners which dont do a better job than the dyno ones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts