Modern Camaro Forums banner

How do you expel your gases?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm not gonna bother with shorties (especially with the $1000msrp that GM is asking for). I'd like to go with LT's...will probably at least wait until next winter to see what brands are available and what kind of gains can be had...not to mention any initial inflated prices to work themselves out.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Mike, you gotta vote, man!:bat:

:D
sorry:p

I voted LT's...but in reality, my wife said I better not mod the Camaro, or else! BUT...I've gotten good at covert modding over the years.;) I've already gotten an email from KOOKS saying that there Camaro LT's are ready to go.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Long tubes or don't bother.

I hope they are cheaper than the set for my GTO still sitting in my garage..

Higher volume should mean much cheaper mods.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
It's only 'white lies', Mike! My wife thinks my heads and cam were beta test components!:eek:
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

that's funny. I find ways to camoflage the $$ spent (business credit card, paypal, cash etc...) and/or tell my wonderful wife I just traded or sold some parts I had. I learned my lesson after I bought a ceramic-coated set of Hooker super-comps for my malibu and she saw the charge on our card.:eek: I'm not going there again...Camaro headers will be 2x the price probably.:( I love my wife, but she just doesn't get it.:cool:

:D:DI have already worked out a barter arrangement with a corvette tuner...so the master plan is already in motion.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Exhaust manifolds anymore are designed in such a way that shorties are almost useless.
:werd:The gains just aren't worth the $$. I could see doing it if they were $100...but for the same price as LT's it's no contest.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yeah, the shorties are probably useless when replacing a good manifold. Long tubes are the way to go. Along with a good set of Flowmasters it should sound pretty sweet, especially if I point the exhaust tips down mid car. I love it when it echoes off the pavement.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Long tubes or don't bother.
:werd:
Exhaust manifolds anymore are designed in such a way that shorties are almost useless.
:werd:

Definitely long tubes.
I'm not 100% sure I'll be putting headers on my 5th Gen, but if I do, they will definitely be long tubes, and stainless steel.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Long tubes are great. I had them on my 95 Z/28 and they sounded great but for a daily driver i am leaning to stock or maybe shorties this time. The droan from long tubes on the freeway gets old fast and since i don't have multiple cars to drive :(then this car will also be a daily driver.:5go:

·
Registered
269 Posts
IMO actually both Long Tubes & Shorties have their places! This all depends on heads, cam, intake, also the size of the tubes, and the length of the primaries, and the collector information also. In certain instances your engine may perform better with a shorty header as apposed to a long tube.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
i want to go LT but this is going to be a DD so i dont want too much drone and if i go LT i will have to by "hi flow" cats b/c it is getting hardere and harder to get inspections done "under the table"

·
8,984 Posts
Long Tubes, under $500. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts