Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine owns a dealership in Rockwall, TX. He had some work done by Status which is a shop also in Rockwall. I walked in and saw all kinds of cool custom cars. Then I walked into the next room and saw this thing. Its supercharged, bagged, shaved 2010 SS. It won a GM design award at the 2009 Sema sho. The guys in the shop built it in 8 weeks for sema. The family that ran the shop were sooo cool and answered all my questions and handed my a beer while I was asking them. I up loaded pics i found on the net and a youtube video, figured no one would want to see my crappy cell phone pics. Probably not for everyone but I def liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ZOhAj9axQ

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is pretty sweet. I don't know about how it would actually drive. I think it would have a hard time making it over RR tracks.
All you need to do is hit the airbag switch and it would raise the car up like hydraulics to a regular ride height.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I remember seeing a bagged Ford Ranger shortly after I got my S-10. He slammed it down in the Kroger parking lot that I worked at at the time to show off to his friend. It malfunctioned and he couldn't get it back off of the ground. I laughed so **** hard as I got into the stock-suspension S-10 and vroomed off.
This was **** near 5 years ago, btw.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
This car has been bagged and Body dropped.

body dropped ? Body dropped is where you cut the floor out of the car and move it up maybe a inch or 2 ( depends on how much you body drop it ) and reweld the floor into place.
When bagging a Car or usually a Truck when it lays frame still see clearance between the ground and the body a BODY DROP drops the body where it 100% lays frame and body.

As gm454 said hit the Switch and the more than likely firestone bag raises the car and drives with 100% smooth ride. Probably better than factory :)

YES YES I used to be a mini trucker when I was younger nothing like Dimes , kota's and Taco's aka s10's , Dakotas and Tacomas :lol:

I would never do this to a Camaro imo its a different type of vehicle.

oh and GM454 rule #1 when in a shop where bagging or this crowd hangs around you never stand around without a beer in your hand.

you think this is cool ? Go to TEXAS HEAT WAVE in Austin

ahhhhh memories lol

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This car has been bagged and Body dropped.

body dropped ? Body dropped is where you cut the floor out of the car and move it up maybe a inch or 2 ( depends on how much you body drop it ) and reweld the floor into place.
When bagging a Car or usually a Truck when it lays frame still see clearance between the ground and the body a BODY DROP drops the body where it 100% lays frame and body.

As gm454 said hit the Switch and the more than likely firestone bag raises the car and drives with 100% smooth ride. Probably better than factory :)

YES YES I used to be a mini trucker when I was younger nothing like Dimes , kota's and Taco's aka s10's , Dakotas and Tacomas :lol:

I would never do this to a Camaro imo its a different type of vehicle.

oh and GM454 rule #1 when in a shop where bagging or this crowd hangs around you never stand around without a beer in your hand.

you think this is cool ? Go to TEXAS HEAT WAVE in Austin

ahhhhh memories lol
If you look under the hood, you can see where they cut the wheel wells out so they could drop it this low. The guy tried to put his foot under the car and it wouldnt go. Thats pretty low. Not sure what your saying about not standing around with a beer in your hand tho..

I went to Texas heat wave back in the day when Mini trucks were everywhere. S-10s were always the best looking mini trucks in my opion and the mazda was a distance second.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've never seen a good looking mini-truck. To me trucks aren't meant to be the same size as my car.

I would never do this to my Camaro...or Mustang...or even a Pinto. But that's my tastes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I respect the work that went into it, and like it as a show car, but I wouldn't want to own it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts