Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I tried everything I could, but I couldn't find anyone to run our Racetrack. I sent the announcement to all of the local race tracks, marketing companies, and racing associations I could find. We recently did a solicitation for a concessionaire to run/operate our racetrack (dirt). Basically it's a "You run it, you set the fees, you sell the booze and concession and you give us a portion of your net income for the use of the track" kind of deals. We even provide the liquor license (well, beer and wine only). There were a lot of initial phonecalls and interest, but when it came down to it, nobody responded.

Does anyone here know anyone who would want to run a racetrack (preferably with experience)? I KNOW there are people around here in the racing scene. It would require some investment, i.e. the concessionaire stand at the racetrack where food and booze is sold, doesn't have any equipment and we can't provide it, but it could be profitable. If you're interested or know someone that might be, please PM with your information.

Here's the solicitation. Page 4-8 are the important parts.
http://pinalcountyaz.gov/Departments/Finance/Lists/BidsProposals/Attachments/64/RFP 08-09-13.pdf

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By sent an announcment, do you mean email or snail mail?
I would call local race organizations on the phone if you haven't already.

Good Luck :D
Snail mail, e-mail, newspaper, online, etc. Also, the first thing I did was call local racing orgs. There was alot of initial interest, then it just died, and I'm not sure why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts