Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm posting this because, every now and then, we all run across a car, which we are not in the market for at the time -and say "Gee, I wish I knew someone who'd be interested in this". So keep this thread in mind if you could, over the next few weeks

I'm looking for a 3rd gen - preferably a Camaro, but will consider a Firebird. Needs to be reliable and safe, since I want to drive it to Indy in September.

Ideally, I guess, I'm looking for something kind of different. Maybe an '82-'84, F41, Sport Coupe, or an '82/'83 Crossfire. How about a 4 speed Iron Duke? I haven't seen one of those since - ummm- 1982.

Anyways, I want to keep it local, I live in the Chicago western suburbs. I'll consider any 3rd gen which is clean, safe and reliable.

Thanks in advance guys. And don't be shy about posting.

Charlie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a beautiful car Tim! He's up in Janesville?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also you can go to thirdgen.org...click the No west Indiana/So Chicago link and contact the moderator LFN AT U...he has a lot of thirdgens for sale...also we will have a large gathering May 24th in Crete and there will be at least 70 cars there, many will be for sale and you can get info on others that are for sale...LFN AT U aka Denny Bruns....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also you can go to thirdgen.org...click the No west Indiana/So Chicago link and contact the moderator LFN AT U...he has a lot of thirdgens for sale...also we will have a large gathering May 24th in Crete and there will be at least 70 cars there, many will be for sale and you can get info on others that are for sale...LFN AT U aka Denny Bruns....
He's got mostly Firebirds, right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up an '83 LU5 Z/28 last week in Wisconsin. I know most people don't have nice things to say about Crossfire Injection, but I think it has some historical significance for the Camaro.

Hopefully I'll be getting a new exhaust put on tomorrow. Lots of things to fix - big and little - on this puppy, before I'd ever drive it to Indy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts