Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I am looking for someone who can tune my engine for better performance and possibly disable the governor. I am in South Jersey and don't mind the drive. someone told me they could get another 50 hp out of my car and possibly make it louder...but he lives down in virginia and do not want to travel all the way out there.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
50hp from a tune????:lol: no...I wouldn't use that guy. Also, it's not gonna make it any louder unless you change the exhaust. Maybe he's also trying to sell you headers???

With only a tune, you're gonna see 15-20hp at the most (probably a little less even)...but the real gains are felt more from better throttle response and a transmission tune if you have an auto (as well as disabling things like torque management, skip-shift, AFM, speed limiter etc). If you want to make the drive up to NY...I can recommend someone.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Where are you in South Jersey?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
50hp from a tune????:lol: no...I wouldn't use that guy. Also, it's not gonna make it any louder unless you change the exhaust. Maybe he's also trying to sell you headers???

With only a tune, you're gonna see 15-20hp at the most (probably a little less even)...but the real gains are felt more from better throttle response and a transmission tune if you have an auto (as well as disabling things like torque management, skip-shift, AFM, speed limiter etc). If you want to make the drive up to NY...I can recommend someone.
lol 15-20 is still fine and i guess its good hes so far away :p

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I can attest to that bigtime my car is very different its the tranny tune I noticed the most. Throttle response is crazy after the tune, my car is an A6 plus no more AFM YUCK! CAMARO34
Im in Nassau check out our club NY5THGEN.COM great people :0)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its amazing how much of a beast and much more fun this thing is to drive. The magic is all in the AF Ratios and with balancing TQ Management with line pressure and shift points in the A6.At turbotrix does a lot of subaru dyno tuning. Check the vendor section at the top of the tristate forum for info on installs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts