Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had them for about 5 weeks now on my LS3 and love 'em! They have a nice deep rumble at idle and a bad ass growl when you want it. This is what the Camaro should sound like. There's a very slight drone in 6th gear around 70 MPH but I only notice when the music is turned all the way down. The whole kit is high quality and easy to install. You'll be very happy with these on your car.

·
8,984 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!!!

There are better and less expensive options.

Use the search button.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard sound clips from outside and I like the sound too. But can some one post a interior sound clip because I am concerned about the drone sound. My wife has borla's on her mustang and its way to dronee for me. Yea I dout dronee is a word but it works.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
as for axle backs I havent seen a cheaper option that looks as good to be honest, the borla is close in price, Im leaning going SLP LM2 then cut the resonators off then add X pipe on our of my L99 Camaro that seems to be the most cost effective way to get the small performance bump and the sound I want. $539 for SLP LM2 and $599 for the Borla Axle back, $90 for the magnaflow X pipe plus $150 in labor at the exhaust shop.

·
Registered
65 Posts
as for axle backs I havent seen a cheaper option that looks as good to be honest, the borla is close in price, Im leaning going SLP LM2 then cut the resonators off then add X pipe on our of my L99 Camaro that seems to be the most cost effective way to get the small performance bump and the sound I want. $539 for SLP LM2 and $599 for the Borla Axle back, $90 for the magnaflow X pipe plus $150 in labor at the exhaust shop.
for that price why not just go with the Flowmaster cat back?? its only 659

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
for that price why not just go with the Flowmaster cat back?? its only 659
thats the other way I have been leaning but the SLP looks a lot better than the ugly suitcase Flowmaster has put out and the sound of the LM 2 is pretty freaking sick. I do like the Flowmaster sound too. it would be wash $ pretty much. I dont know im on a fence between the two ideas. American Racing Headers is working on a kit also which is interesting.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I heard sound clips from outside and I like the sound too. But can some one post a interior sound clip because I am concerned about the drone sound. My wife has borla's on her mustang and its way to dronee for me. Yea I dout dronee is a word but it works.
http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/showthread.php?p=165435#post165435 Here's an old post of mine. We still love the way it sounds. I will be getting a Vararam at the end of this month which should make it sound even better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had mine on close to a month now and it sounds great, it was an easy choice as I had the original loud mouth on my 2000 Z28. Plus the fact that Morano had a special price at 499.99 and free shipping:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts