Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was wondering what you guys think if the outer silver rim on the steelies was painted black to match. I remember seeing a picture of an LS at oshawa in the lot before the silver was installed. I know they're not the best looking wheel but i think they would look a tad bit nicer if the lip was painted to match. What do you think??

Here is a link to a couple pictures of the LS.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I'm not a Fan of these on this particular year model car. However I saw them in person on the same model car but it was RTJ and imo it looked like $#it....but to be honest they dont look that bad on a black car.

This wheel would be an awsome spare IMO kind of retro and not something I would mind having to cruise to Discount tire on. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just noticed, this but are they useing BFG Radal t/a's on the production cars. I wander if that goes with the heritage idea??

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I think they look pretty good for a base car, but if I got an LS, I would certainly change them out. If the lip was painted to match, I would puke. It'd remind me of a certain K-Car.

·
8,984 Posts
All black wheels are it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
If money wasn't a problem I would have opted for bigger wheels but dropping a couple hundred on a new set isn't really an option. I'm not much of a photo shopper but i gave it a try. i think this might be better than the all black look because i agree that it might make them look smaller. This is just an idea, but the red strip would be smaller and black bigger. Maybe paint the chevy symbol red too..might not look too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
You have to crop the image.

I think it would look ok, but if you're gonna go that fancy, you might as well just go Aftermarket. I know it's not an option, but if GM were going to do that, there would probably be a big surcharge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I plan on saving up for a s/c or turbo for the future but the moneys not there right now so I'm getting something i can work with for the meantime. Any estimates for how much it would be to just get the silver outer rim painted? I believe its removable if that would affect the price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the look of the steelies too. I think they are a nice alternative to the flash and glamour of the big aluminum rims, and kind of a throwback to more classic muscle which didn't always have flashy wheels from the factory.

·
8,984 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts