Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about the RS. Thirdgens could still have a V8 when it was just a RS so why shouldn't the 5th Gen have a V8 option? I have seen plenty of LS1s get great gas mileage yet haul ass. Anyone else think the RS should have an option for an LS1/LS2? Sure it would be more expensive but it would be cheaper than a SS.

Good Idea or Bad?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
maybe a lower end V8...but when your V6 has 300 HP...why bother?

The LS1/LS2 were both discontinued. The last of the LS2's are in the Trailblazer SS.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if they were discontinued there is no doubt they are good engines and just because something is discontinued doesn't mean it can't be brought back... like the Camaro for example.

The LS1/LS2 are simply for people who want a V8 but can't afford a SS. 300hp is nice, but 273tq in a 3800lb car? I see that as frustrating for someone who wants a little extra peformance.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
believe me...I'd love to see more options, but it's a money thing. They aren't even spraying blue on the SS's to save money and streamline things....I don't think they'll bring back discontinued engines.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Even if they were discontinued there is no doubt they are good engines and just because something is discontinued doesn't mean it can't be brought back... like the Camaro for example.

The LS1/LS2 are simply for people who want a V8 but can't afford a SS. 300hp is nice, but 273tq in a 3800lb car? I see that as frustrating for someone who wants a little extra peformance.
the engines are discontinued for a reason and they are not coming back...

and btw the rs package is an Appearance package only

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I agree with him about an RS V8 engine package. They could've used the L76/L92 that way you could have an A6 with AFM and 360hp or an M6 with 360hp and still have a V8 either way.

But, I'm not complaining about what we got either. Just have to wait to get out of school is all.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I agree with him about an RS V8 engine package. They could've used the L76/L92 that way you could have an A6 with AFM and 360hp or an M6 with 360hp and still have a V8 either way.

But, I'm not complaining about what we got either. Just have to wait to get out of school is all.
I dunno...personally, I think the price difference between the 2LT/RS and the 1SS/RS isn't all that much...if you REALLY want a V8, get the 1SS.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like lots of options that's all. 2 different models and 3 different engines just seems boring.

I see an RS and it's a V6. I see an SS it's a V8. Fast yet boring.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I like lots of options that's all. 2 different models and 3 different engines just seems boring.

I see an RS and it's a V6. I see an SS it's a V8. Fast yet boring.
I agree with you...I wish we did have more options (and not have to order packages)...but that's how it is these days. AND...I don't think the 1SS will be boring.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't get me wrong both the RS and SS are faster than my car by plenty but just 1/2 engines each is blah. The LS1 and LS2 would give the RS more room to play. I'll wet my pants if I start seeing V8 swaps in the RS.

Anyways the Z28 will definitely be awesome.

Peace

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Don't get me wrong both the RS and SS are faster than my car by plenty but just 1/2 engines each is blah. The LS1 and LS2 would give the RS more room to play. I'll wet my pants if I start seeing V8 swaps in the RS.

Anyways the Z28 will definitely be awesome.

Peace
what do you mean in an rs? are you referring to a V6? an rs is not a V6... im not saying you are but that is what it sounds like.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crap I'm thinking of thirdgen RS's when they were given the bottom feeder engines. Techinally the RS would be a V6, The RS/SS is the V8 model RS, no?

You know what I mean right? I'm in Third Gen mindset most of the time so I'll make mistakes with the new Maros.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Crap I'm thinking of thirdgen RS's when they were given the bottom feeder engines. Techinally the RS would be a V6, The RS/SS is the V8 model RS, no?

You know what I mean right? I'm in Third Gen mindset most of the time so I'll make mistakes with the new Maros.
ok i got ya..
that is why i stated that the RS is an appearance package only early

1 - 20 of 20 Posts