Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
That's right, the Pontiac G8 will get an LS3 in it's GXP version this year, maybe as early as Q2.
I think that was taken out of context. According to GM High Tech Performance, the US version of the G8 will feature the GT as the top model for the first year. It will have the L76 and it will reportedly have AFM. The second year G8 might feature a GXP with a LS3, but thats a stretch at best because there are no confirmed sources other than the rumor mill.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0707gm_pontiac_g8/index.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's already been confirmed the '08MY is a short run and the '09MY is coming this year. It's already been confirmed the GXP will be a '09MY and now you can go to GM dealerworld and see all of the '09MY GXP options, the engine being the LS3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It appears to be confirmed from various sources:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950&page=6

Not just the engine, but all the other details of the car seem to be up there.

As for the other info:

Both a 6-speed manual and auto are available. Gear choices in the options are 3.70 and 3.27

Wheels are 19" 5-spoke aluminum
Tire choices: QA4 245/40/R19-94w All season
QCZ 245/40/R19-94w Summer

There's also a code "N10-Exhaust,Dual Outlet,Stainless steel" in the options.

#11-White Hot
#17-Maverick Silver (NEW)
#18-Magnetic Gray (n/a on GXP)
#26-Sport Red (NEW)
#39-Stryker Blue (NEW)
#62-Liquid Red
#64-Karma Metallic (NEW)
#80-Panther Black

GXP will have it's own FE3 High Performance Suspension

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I had already read both of them, but no one has been able to confirm that the screenshot is legit though. I would love it if they did confirm, but I have doubts that its real because that could easily be chopped.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Its would be good news and make good sense to have a LS3 in the GXP. Its been confirmed of the release, vod is right on that. Its on the G8 forums all over the place.

It would be great if:

LS3= Camaro Z28 - G8 GXP
L76= Camaro SS - G8 GT
Base= Camaro Coupe - G8 Sedan

I would be happy with that, especially if the camaro got a similar FE3 setup, different bumpers/hood/spoiler/grille, seats, and other stuff that G8 will have over the GT.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Thanks for the info vod. IMO this makes it a better chance to get the LS3 in the Camaro, cause I am sure the Camaro will have at least the power the G8 has.

LS3 FTW

·
Registered
620 Posts
keeping an eye on the G8 will help give clues to the camaro and its engines, after all they are sharing the same platform. on a different not i have a question, isnt the SS the higher of the packages offered and not the Z28? for as long as i can rememebr it has been the Z28 and then the SS, but here everyone is putting the Z28 and the higher class car, whats up

·
Registered
601 Posts
Good news! I'm more than anxious about the engine options for the Camaro and G8. Lately I'm getting tired of waiting but will still get one. Now if I wait till model year 2011 I think I will manage. The G8 GXP will likely out weigh the Camaro and I only want two doors so I'm still getting a Camaro regardless. The when will depend on the options being released for year two. I have faith with the saying, good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Z28 SS

keeping an eye on the G8 will help give clues to the camaro and its engines, after all they are sharing the same platform. on a different not i have a question, isnt the SS the higher of the packages offered and not the Z28? for as long as i can rememebr it has been the Z28 and then the SS, but here everyone is putting the Z28 and the higher class car, whats up
There can only be one......Z28 :patriot: :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Woot! Now we need info on whether or not there will be an LSA or LS8!! 3.70 gears from the factory!!! That has got to be nutz to drive. My dealership will get tired me :roxor:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Vod, great find! Thanks! This is awesome news. :roxor:

Its would be good news and make good sense to have a LS3 in the GXP. Its been confirmed of the release, vod is right on that. Its on the G8 forums all over the place.

It would be great if:

LS3= Camaro Z28 - G8 GXP
L76= Camaro SS - G8 GT
Base= Camaro Coupe - G8 Sedan

I would be happy with that, especially if the camaro got a similar FE3 setup, different bumpers/hood/spoiler/grille, seats, and other stuff that G8 will have over the GT.
Jinx, I hope that was a mis-type by you and you are not really calling the base V8 with the L76 the "SS" version? I would hope they save the "SS" moniker for a [email protected]$$ model that has some sort of supercharged engine in it later on.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I would like to see if the new G8s get sold for over, at, or under MSRP. If the G8s go for at or over then you can be assured that the Camaro will do the same or even higher being that it is the highest anticipated new car.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It appears to be confirmed from various sources:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950&page=6

Not just the engine, but all the other details of the car seem to be up there.

As for the other info:

Both a 6-speed manual and auto are available. Gear choices in the options are 3.70 and 3.27

Wheels are 19" 5-spoke aluminum
Tire choices: QA4 245/40/R19-94w All season
QCZ 245/40/R19-94w Summer

There's also a code "N10-Exhaust,Dual Outlet,Stainless steel" in the options.

#11-White Hot
#17-Maverick Silver (NEW)
#18-Magnetic Gray (n/a on GXP)
#26-Sport Red (NEW)
#39-Stryker Blue (NEW)
#62-Liquid Red
#64-Karma Metallic (NEW)
#80-Panther Black

GXP will have it's own FE3 High Performance Suspension
Thanks for the info vod. This does look promising. Sorry if I seemed to come down hard on you earlier. Sounds like a G8 GXP test drive is in the works.:roxor:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts