Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
alrite ill be odd and say 437hp then once the light bulb clicks in someones head they take it up around 500hp :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
Also keep in mind the LS3 will have variable valve timing. The truck version, L92 (already in use in the full size SUVs) has a cam phaser that can retard or advance the cam on the fly. Pretty cool stuff. That plus cylinder deactivation means we really will have the potential for 30mpg out of a 400+hp Camaro.

Also expect a 6 speed auto transmission like comes in the C6s now.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, the 4-speed autos will be near extinction by the time Camaro is produced so I would definitely expect a 6-speed auto.
Hopefully we get the 6L80E, not the 6L60E.
Not that there's anything wrong with the 6L60E, just the 6L80E is stronger. :)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
6.2 450 my bet (thanks Saleen). Although they could make it 500 and still not touch the Z06 as I think the weight difference will keep it out of the Z06 range. Given the looks of the concept I'd guess high 3 low 4k lbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i would guess 450 also for the LS3.

so is it definitely going to have 2 valves per cyl? I read a wild rumor in a magazine that it might be a 3 valver...still pushrod, but higher revving. anyone else heard that?

also, would AFM make cam and lifter changes a PITA? I know the oiling in the block is different with the AFM engines. Is it something that becomes a non-issue if you just turn off AFM in the ECU editing software? Does GM just reroute the oil with solenoids?

·
8,984 Posts
I hope the Camaro with the 500 hp version does not go the way of the GT500. 500 hp but weighs 4000lbs.

Video killed the radio star!

440 hp is my LS3 guess.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts