Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come they are only using the LS4 engine in transverse engine mounts, that is a pretty nice engine and I think they should use it in some longitudinal applications. For example, in the monte carlo's if you were to make it rwd and have the LS4 and maybe add a t56 tranny, you could easily be running 13's in the quarter, they weigh around the same as 4th gen camaros i believe. anyways just my thoughts that i felt like pouring out. :rolleyes:

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing it in some RWD applications either.

But you'd be suprised, those cars are pretty fast.
(Monte Carlo SS / Impala SS / Grand Prix GXP)

There's a guy with a BONE STOCK Grand Prix GXP running 13.60s in the 1/4 mile!! :eek:

But yeah generally the consensus is they run low to mid 14s.
Not too shabby though, that's the same as an LT1-powered F-Body!

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I believe that engine was specifically designed for a fwd application to exceed the L67.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey whats up people.This is my first post, and I had to check out the LSx area.I own an 06' Impala SS which has the Ls4 in it, and this thing screams for a 4 door.havent hit a 1/4 mile track yet, but I'm told it will do mid to high 14's stock. Theres a few guys in the Impala forums who claim to run mid to high 13's with a tune and exhaust.The transmission isn't the greatest (4 spd auto) and yeah its front wheel drive but, its a fun car that you can fit the kids in. Still wont stop me from trading in for a Camaro next year;)

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Welcome to the forum:gr_patriot:

I'm not much of a FWD fan but hey its got a V8 thats better than nothing;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah its a pretty decent car for a FWD. You'll get a bit of torque steer if you try to launch it from a stop, but its not too bad. The DoD is a joke. I don't get anywhere near 28 MPG highway, but I didn't buy it for fuel economy.I'm wishing I had went for the GTO instead but, oh well. I'll be trading her in next year anyway.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I haven't been on in a while, so sorry for reviving a slightly old thread. However, I wanted to point out that the LH6 engine in the trucks is the longitudinal equivalent of the LS4. Same heads, Al block, ~300HP, AFM/DOD. Different intake.

Chip

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks for the imput.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Help!!!

Need help getting a stock ls4 block no bore not a long block or short block engine will be used in my race car it is for NHRA Super Stock thanks.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
have you tried looking on GM performance's website?.I know you're looking for a long block have you considered getting a used example at a junkyard near you?.Just a thought and good luck and welcome to the site:D:5go::thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts