Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to the dealership near where i live and i asked how many camaros they would get in in early march
they said quite a few and what not about thta
then i popped out the question of will there be a ls7 option in it ever
the person i was talking to there is a good rumor going around there would be
but ill get back to you on that

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I wouldn't count on it...an LS7 Camaro would have to be priced way too high (check out what the LS7 costs)...probably not gonna happen. Maybe a super-limited "yenko" type car, but like I said...it aint gonna be cheap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been talking to the dealership near where i live and i asked how many camaros they would get in in early march
Funny, my dealer told me he was only allotted 2 camaros for the first couple months of production. Maybe that has changed since I ordered a month ago.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Funny, my dealer told me he was only allotted 2 camaros for the first couple months of production. Maybe that has changed since I ordered a month ago.
it depends on the dealer...some only got 1 or 2...others MUCH more.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Its based on overall dealership sales and the amount of registered Camaro competitors in the dealership's area.
Yep

to answer a few questions:

The light pipes are blue unless you order the orange accent interior -- moreover, the light pipes only come with the LEATHER interior -- not the cloth interior.......

Allocation is 'conservative' -- that's because we have a slow 'ramp up' of production because quality is our number one concern.......we MUST get it right -- and if the ramp up proceeds as it did with Malibu and the C6, I think you'll see allocation numbers rise the next round -- it could also mean that the next round of allocation comes sooner than expected!

Allocation is based 70% on dealer's total retail sales as a percent to the nation == and 30% of Sport Segment registrations as a percent to the nation......

.........which essentially means that we're looking at two things: A dealer's historic sales rate -- AND -- we're looking at the area of his/her responsibility to see what the propensity is for people to buy Sport Cars (Mustang/Eclipse/G35, Tiburon, etc) --so that we also look at the market..................so if you're a dealer in an area where virtually no one buys a Mustang or Eclipse or such -- it's gonna impact your allocation........on the other hand, if you're a dealer in an area where a lot of Mustangs and Eclipses are registered, your number is going to be higher.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

I call bull****....what dealership is it i wanna call and laugh at them!

·
8,984 Posts

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
There are people at stealerships that are knowledgeable, they're just few and far between. When you walk in and talk to the 19-22 year old sales guy and he starts spouting about the Camaro and the LS7 it's gonna get (and he knows since he's on the "inside") just WALK AWAY!

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts

mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............No.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts