1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes. Just like the listing states, this is a GMPP LS9 supercharger kit that fits any LS engine equipped with LS3 heads. The kit supposedly comes with everything needed. There are over 30 part numbers included in the kit.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other than the blower itself, what else is different from the ls3 motor to the ls9? pistons are different right? cam i know is. heads?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:hmm: i wonder if it would work on an L99 with a few other modifications like DOD and VVT delete.
it will work on your car after the afm delete. and no it shoudltn void the warranty. but ill find out. i want this pretty bad, but id like to get some of the other parts to make it a true ls9 conversion.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
it will work on your car after the afm delete. and no it shoudltn void the warranty. but ill find out. i want this pretty bad, but id like to get some of the other parts to make it a true ls9 conversion.
yea it's definitely got me interested! i bet it comes with the LS9 cam as well. :cool:

i'm glad i haven't spent any money on engine internals, this new stuff keeps me changing my mind!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea it's definitely got me interested! i bet it comes with the LS9 cam as well. :cool:

i'm glad i haven't spent any money on engine internals, this new stuff keeps me changing my mind!
no cam. Intake, Plenum, Injectors. No harness, front end accessory drive, or controller.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
dang, i was hoping to skip that step and do it all at once!

ohh well, now it makes me wonder how well the supercharger will perform with a beefier VVT cam.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im getting a quote from my dealership too. normally they hook me up, but well see how good they can do. i think id like to put this on my car but keep the comp cam i put in. if it will work ok with it. but id like to do the rest of the ls9 swap.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Most likely it will void the powertrain warranty, just like any other supercharger would. It should however come with a 12 month/12k mile warranty on the supercharger and install if a GM shop does it.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
unless you have really good hook ups at a chevy garage;)
i did hear a while ago that there was going to be a s/c offered that would be covered under warranty. i wonder if this is the one?

·
Registered
200 Posts
i did hear a while ago that there was going to be a s/c offered that would be covered under warranty. i wonder if this is the one?
Hopefully. They need to offer something like Ford does. I don't think Ford offers a warrantied blower upgrade for the GT though, only the GT500.

I wish they would just come out with an official announcement or something since the thing is orderable right now.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Hopefully. They need to offer something like Ford does. I don't think Ford offers a warrantied blower upgrade for the GT though, only the GT500.

I wish they would just come out with an official announcement or something since the thing is orderable right now.
they're trying to figure out how to phrase this EPIC NEWS!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong......way back when the 5th gen was first released, it was stated that any GMPP installed by the dealer would not void warranty!

Does anyone else remember this?

You would also need LS9 internals and many other parts to make the most of it. The LS9 block also has piston squirters to further lower piston temperatures and prevent detonation. The piston squirters also prevent scuffing of the piston skirts under boost.

This is the part I have been waiting for!

Randy

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
We need to track pricing on this! If the price is right...:hmm:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts