Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried out the LSR Intake...

First impressions...it's big...it's gotta move some air. Fit and finish are very good, it looks mean. The filter is blue...blue is cool.;)

Sorry, no new Dyno charts to show you guys. Previously, I was still running a Vararam beta-test unit. Performance-wise, I'd say it's very similar, which is right on target because the LSR dyno charts and my dyno runs when i first installed the Vararam were pretty similar. It does idle smoother and was real easy for my tuner to get it dialed in perfectly.

here's some pix...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got my dad to order one. Waiting for him to get home in acouple weeks to install it. How do you like it overall? Can you hear it when you get on the gas?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my dad to order one. Waiting for him to get home in acouple weeks to install it. How do you like it overall? Can you hear it when you get on the gas?
it's got a little bit of a sound to it...I've get headers, so I hear more of my exhaust anyway (which is the way it should be ;)). Also, keep in mind you need a tune w/ this intake.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
why did you switch from the vararam?
Knew that was coming...The fit/finish on the Vararam, since it was a beta-unit wasn't great, and it was sealed, so I couldn't open it to clean. I was just going to get a production unit from them, but they are still working on their filter redesign to work out some of their issues, so I figured I'd try the LSR out since their dyno #'s were so similar.

I don't want this to turn into a vararam bashing thread. The performance wasn't why I switched, and I'm sure once they get their issues worked out they will have a great intake. And also, who knows, an E-force might be in my future, so the Vararam wouldn't work anyway.:eek::D

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Knew that was coming...The fit/finish on the Vararam, since it was a beta-unit wasn't great, and it was sealed, so I couldn't open it to clean. I was just going to get a production unit from them, but they are still working on their filter redesign to work out some of their issues, so I figured I'd try the LSR out since their dyno #'s were so similar.

I don't want this to turn into a vararam bashing thread. The performance wasn't why I switched, and I'm sure once they get their issues worked out they will have a great intake. And also, who knows, a E-force might be in my future, so the Vararam wouldn't work anyway.:eek::D
it wont turn into a vararam bashing thread. i just want to take this moment to say i told you so:lol: not sure what im saying" i told you so" for, but i never really liked their stuff and they were taking really long to getthat thing out. but im glad you found a good intake that is equally as good if not better:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Cool. If you just stay with the first choice you will never know what the other manufacturers can do for you. I think you are in the top 5 for non-sponsor mods on this forum PF. Thanks for posting your thoughts on the LSR intake! :thumbsup:
non sponsor mods?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
non sponsor mods?
Sorry if that was unclear, a member whom has done mod(ification)s to thier car that is not a sponser or getting their parts for free. My statement was meant to say that he is up there as far as mods go for members on this forum and he always posts when he dose something new, which makes it more informative for all of us.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whats happening Sunday that you are going to see one? Car show?
yes, I'll be showing off my new intake at a car show.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
NY5THGENS first actual sponsored show @ Sun Auto Group Bohemia Long Island NY there will be a lot of mods on display from our club cais (cold air inductions LSR KN LMR airaid) razzi body kits phantom grills heritage grills all sorts of light mods SLP SPINTECH ARH Flowmaster solo exhaust kits alot to see if your thinking about modding havoc body kits etc.... the club has a lot of really cool cars and great people !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts