Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. First post. I recently picked up a 2010 Camaro SS L99 A6. I installed a CAI/Custom Tune/Axle back exhaust. That's all I can do this year. Next year I'm definitely gonna do drag radials but am torn between also getting LT headers and gears. I've done gears before on a S197 mustang and it was awesome, but have never had LT headers on a car. I noticed that the first gear ratio on the automatics is 4.03 (which I can feel for sure) My goal with the car is to have a fun occasional driver around town as well as a fun occasional dragstrip driver. 50/50. As far as cost and performance, which one would you guys say is the better bang for the buck?

JD

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is too easy. I would say headers for 4 reasons to one for the 373 gears. Headers:1-makes your engine bay look better, 2-makes your car sound better, 3-weight reduction and 4-power. Gears just make you quicker, but not faster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks camarossjack. Kinda what I was thinking. Love the details in your response. Can I go with just L.T headers and not have to pay extra for the high flow cats (which I see are part of some packages). I know the high flow cats will help, just have a budget that I kinda want to stay with. Speaking of that, what would a set of L.T headers cost me installed at a performance shop? I'm hoping under $1000. Never had L.T headers put on a sportscar/musclecar before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks camarossjack. Kinda what I was thinking. Love the details in your response. Can I go with just L.T headers and not have to pay extra for the high flow cats (which I see are part of some packages). I know the high flow cats will help, just have a budget that I kinda want to stay with. Speaking of that, what would a set of L.T headers cost me installed at a performance shop? I'm hoping under $1000. Never had L.T headers put on a sportscar/musclecar before.
When you purchase your headers, you'll want to get the ones that say LT headers with off-road pipes. If you're not wanting the ones with hi-flow cats. Price of header installation is going to vary from shop to shop. I believe the lowest I've heard is around $500, give or take. I seriously can't remember, sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts