·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
they are a direct fit!!

·
Banned
258 Posts
I'll be ordering some DRL's for both my Camaro and my Silverado. I'll give a full report with pics when I do.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be ordering some DRL's for both my Camaro and my Silverado. I'll give a full report with pics when I do.
cool im gonna order this weekend too, they even sell them for the parking/flashers for the front

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orderd a set of white 3157 bulbs they said white will put out more light and sharper look then red with the stock housings, will get them next week and take pics for u guys!!!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Banned
258 Posts
Ha ha wife borrowed the credit card i use to buy mods so I have not ordered yet. Will order them tomorrow. She didn't say anything like what's this card for? Yet. Gulp.

As an aside I purchased some led front blinkers for my truck from O'Reillys last Wednesday and they work like hot garbage. They're not very bright and my blinkers flash like there's a burnt bulb. More annoying than cable.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Ordered the LED Fog/DRL's for the Camaro and DRL's and front turn signals for my 04 Silverado. Hopefully they arrive in time for me to install this weekend.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered the LED Fog/DRL's for the Camaro and DRL's and front turn signals for my 04 Silverado. Hopefully they arrive in time for me to install this weekend.
Thats awesome, i ordered mine for the taillights but they said they are on back order, so i have to wait till next week to get them which sucks

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he said the wont interfere with the stock ones in the front which i will be changing soon if these workout good

·
Banned
258 Posts
I received an email yesterday from CarID stating that shipping has been delayed until March 15. Booooo. My sequential tailights are going out so I think I'm going to put my stock ones back in and buy 3157 LED's for them. Bought them off eBay so I guess that's what I get. Can't find them anywhere anymore. Some fly by night Taiwanese sweat shop made them. I remember being surprised that they were NOT made in China. At any rate, not on eBay anymore. They look kinda goofy anyway if I'm honest so this is can be the impetus to get me to remove these taillights. Keeping the flat black bezels though.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I received an email yesterday from CarID stating that shipping has been delayed until March 15. Booooo. My sequential tailights are going out so I think I'm going to put my stock ones back in and buy 3157 LED's for them. Bought them off eBay so I guess that's what I get. Can't find them anywhere anymore. Some fly by night Taiwanese sweat shop made them. I remember being surprised that they were NOT made in China. At any rate, not on eBay anymore. They look kinda goofy anyway if I'm honest so this is can be the impetus to get me to remove these taillights. Keeping the flat black bezels though.
Yea mine are on backorder as well, wait which sequential tailight kit do u have?? and are they leds?? so u are going with the stock lights and the CARID bulbs now like mine??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should have them in today or tommorow

·
Banned
258 Posts
Got another email from CarID stating that the manufacturer has delayed shipping yet again. New shipping date is March 29. Yay.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got another email from CarID stating that the manufacturer has delayed shipping yet again. New shipping date is March 29. Yay.
That sucks just got an email that mine were in route for shipping should be here today, which ones did u get??

·
Banned
258 Posts
I just got the front fog/DRL's and then DRL's and turn signals for my 04 Silverado.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed them today and it went really bad, first off the drivers side inside bulb is the biggest PITA to get too i spent and hour trying to get the socket in lol but then figured it out, so i removed the old 3157 and put the new can bus lumen 3157s in and at first they looked good and bright brakes lit up like a christmas tree and went off nice, then i turn the signals on and noticed the backs were working fine but the fronts were hyperflashing and same thing inside the car, along with a CHECK BULB RIGHT AND REAR MESSAGE, then stepped on the brake while the signals where on and no brake light at all, called Carid and gave them a piece of my mind and they said that i need a resistor seperatley wired in which is bull crap because he told me this wasnt the case when he sold them to me, or else i wouldnt have got them lol, just be aware that these bulbs suck and will throw a code out, had to put all the stockers back in

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Sorry brother I feel your pain, and thanks for the post. Hope it helps someone else avoid the same problem.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts