Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060130/SUB/60127022/1003/BREAKING&refsect=%3Cpbs:categoryid%20section%3E

Automotive News / January 30, 2006 - 6:00 am

Clinics? Nix, says Camaro's daddy

General Motors' product czar Robert Lutz doesn't want car clinics to dilute the Chevrolet Camaro concept's styling if the vehicle gets the OK for production. "There will be no clinics," he told employees at GM's tech center in Warren, Mich., a few days before the concept car's Jan. 10 unveiling at the Detroit auto show. One source said designers gave a collective sign of relief, since car clinics often have been blamed for watering down the styling of GM's vehicles as they morphed from concepts to production vehicles.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its rumored Lutz has already killed the Camaro 4 times since he's been there, so I wouldn't call him its daddy either. If not for him maybe we'd have had one last year, or earlier?

Having said all that, this car def. looks like it was worth the wait :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
They don't need clinics to help w/ the car IMO. They pretty much hit a home run. Don't need people to water down the aggressive styling into being a farfetched retro like the Mustang.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fenster said:
They don't need clinics to help w/ the car IMO. They pretty much hit a home run. Don't need people to water down the aggressive styling into being a farfetched retro like the Mustang.
Agreed!!! You can't please everybody, so why try?

·
Registered
114 Posts
that's true, i like the design. but a guy i work with was disappointed. if the response was there and it was, then leave it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm still trying to get use to it. I was the same way with the 4th gens. Wasn't too sure about them until I got one. I'm hoping if the 5th gen does make it to production, I'll be the same way with that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
OctaneZ28 said:
It most definitely was! :)

Using Wrigley Field as an example...

I think Ford hit a homerun into the bleachers with the new Mustang.

But GM hit one past the Waveland Avenue rooftops with the Camaro! :D
Awesome analogy!

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
this is one thing GM does not need..this camaro SHOULD be put out like it is, plus or minus a few things it needs for safty and regular production use..

·
Registered
13 Posts
The clinics have already taken place for the new Camaro. It had the best responce of any car ever tested at GM, even better than the new C6. There is no need to have "public" clinics at this point. The cars a done deal, you can take that to the bank. Also look for an all wheel drive option to appear sometime after production starts.

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
Yes, the "Design Clinics" have already taken place, as it does for any conceptual car idea at that stage. Those design clinics were like 2 years ago already.

The clinics we're referring to here are the production clinics which prove the case for a concept car become a production car.

In this case, no proving is necessary, the puclic reaction is case enough! :)

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
OctaneZ28 said:
It most definitely was! :)

Using Wrigley Field as an example...

I think Ford hit a homerun into the bleachers with the new Mustang.

But GM hit one past the Waveland Avenue rooftops with the Camaro! :D
Lets hope the public feels that way about it, and it sells well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It should.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think that once again bob is the man! The car is bad to the bone and as soon as I can order one I will be right there to pick it up right off the truck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts