Modern Camaro Forums banner

magna 2300 supercharger - do you really feel a difference???

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  2SSARME 
#1 ·
Try in decide to get the maggie 2300, but was wandering do you really feel the difference for that kind of money

Any comment would be appreciate

#3 ·
You'll absolutely feel the difference with a Supercharger.
Lots of brands to chose from Magnuson, Edelbrock, Procharger .. and others.
I dont have one on mine yet.. still waiting for pricing to come down a bit.

If price is an issue, you can start with some other mods that will give you a perma grin too... Air intake (throttle response and HP), long tube headers (more torque and HP) the biggest bang probably comes from a programmer like Diablosport, hypertech, jet or superchips.

I've used the Hypertech, but now use a Diablosport for more tuning options.

#22 ·
I agree with getting some other mods first. Kind of like preparing the vehicle for the SC.
However, don't waste money on chipping, it's a waste of time, when you get the mods on your vehicle have the installer do some custom tuning, you'll be much better off. When I did my CAI, Exhaust and Headers I went from 365rwhp to 426rwhp. and that was after I learned the hard way purchasing a DiabloSport Trinity device. Wast of $$$ unless you just want to use it as a guage, but even then it's a really expensive guage.

#4 ·
I take it you've never been in a supercharged car.:facepalm:

is it worth it for that kind of $$$??? only YOU can answer that question because it's your money.

#11 ·
supercharging is definately noticable. for the money though, magna charger is not the best way to go. dont know if your looking for a tuner kit or if you want a complete kit, but i have seen tuner kits( what im doing) for pro charger and vortech for around 5200-5400. magna chargers , ive seen around 6200. you get really good low end tq with the magna charger but not as great high end tq. with the pro charger and vortech, you get amazing pull at high rmp and not as much at a low rpm.

#12 ·
Maybe you have a hard time conceptually understanding what another 150-200 horsepower does. I will tell you this to help you understand, I was right next to a CTS-V, which pretty much comes with our engine and a supercharger from the factory. I told him I wanted to see what a supercharger would do for my car and when we got where there was no one around he made my car look like it was sitting still. Whether its worth the money or not is up to you, but the difference is night and day. You will feel every bit of it.

#15 ·
No offense taken. I know it's not powerful or fast, lol.
But it does a **** good job of what it's designed to do..and gets insane gas mileage whilst doing so.

Though a closer comparison would probably be the V6 Camaro against the V8 Camaro. Around 120 or so HP difference.

#16 ·
As others say, it is night and day. during normal low-speed driving, not to noticeable, but just smash that throttle, and you will feel that kind of power.

I could see a huge difference, when i went from a stock 4th gen V6 camaro to a lightly modified supercharged pontiac grandprix, and that only came with a measly M60 blower back in the day before TVS technology.

#17 ·
I was at a meet two weekends ago and talked to a corvette guy that had the LS3 and the Elderbrock Supercharger and he absolutely loved it. He just would not stop talking about the power.

#20 ·
thats why if i got one i would go with the magna charger. the new edelbrock is a bit different than the magna charger. but i wouldnt do a roots style anyways. ill stick with pro charger.

#21 ·
This is Todd with LSR Performance, the magnuson uses a eaton tvs 2300 head unit (the same head unit used for many blowers). Also the same blower used on the ZR1. We advertise our kits as 475-495 rwhp and 450 torque, which will wake up your camaro in a big way. Now those numbers are based on the pulley and tunes the kit comes with. The blower is capable of producing way more than that, if we did some pulley upgades and some custom tuning.

We also offer other kits such as the Vortec and Pro Charger. If you want feel free to give me a call and i would be more than happy in assisting you with your decision. 229-245-9045 ask for Todd:5go:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.