Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so been doing some digging and research and low and behold i found that magnaflow has released a full cat back exhaust system for the v6

woot woot

so now i wanna know if anyone has this on their car yet and if you do have you had the car dyno'd and are you able to post up sound clips :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i've been holding off on getting exhaust cuz i don't wanna just do an axle back. i'd like to put something on that's actually going to free up some hp and move that air faster. and of course change the tone of the car. exhaust is on the mile long wish list lol

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
ya i've been holding off on getting exhaust cuz i don't wanna just do an axle back. i'd like to put something on that's actually going to free up some hp and move that air faster. and of course change the tone of the car. exhaust is on the mile long wish list lol
Kitty if you are looking for a measurable amount of HP from Exhaust then you will need to go with headers.
Out of a Catback yes the bent pipe will do you some good but the high flow cats will be probably the biggest bang in the performance department.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Kitty if you are looking for a measurable amount of HP from Exhaust then you will need to go with headers.
Out of a Catback yes the bent pipe will do you some good but the high flow cats will be probably the biggest bang in the performance department.

Yeppers i agree exhaust itself wont give you much HP gains do headers with high flow cats with the exhaust you will have a :D afterwards

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree, with you guys, just added a pacesetter catback and I'm totally disappointed , fells lik I lost hp, and really don't like the ricer tone, I think I mad a boo boo. So sad :(

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i've looked into the bbk headers but i have also heard that they throw codes on the v6 engines. and because there's no programmer out there to remove the codes (just that stupid trifecta that makes the engine light go out, but doesn't actually fix the problem) that i'm leary about putting headers on the car if i'm going to have a constant CEL code coming on

maybe someone that has bbk or other headers for the v6 for that matter can chime in and post up any words on this

this won't be a this year mod, but something maybe come next winter when i put the car to sleep again. just wanting to get my ducks in a row for when we can start putting money aside for our vehicles again hahah

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts