Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a web site they recommend to get a magnetic drain plug for oil pan. For 2011 L99. I checked the plug in the car, not magnetic. Called the parts Mgr from the dealership, he said "it comes with from the factory". I had him look it up in there system..... It's not and they don't offer an OEM. Can somebody recommend a website to pick one up.
Thanx....
E

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome... "thank You". (Dang, never thought I'd say that to an airdale) BTW; Killer toy collection!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It is interesting. I take the Camaro in for oil changes, but I simply didn't have time to take my 2010 GMC truck in, so I changed the oil in it myself Sunday, and found the same thing- no magnet as like in the two LS1 Camaros.

Thanks for the linky, Mr. Kunk.

Wonder if the factory LS1 magnetic plug would fit? The link says both the 2002 LS1 and 2010 LS3/L99 uses the same plug, AP-04...hmmm.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I found a couple on ebay for practically nothing and free shipping. Genuine GM parts. For some reason, it appears they're discontinued from the dealer. p/n 88891787

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It is interesting. I take the Camaro in for oil changes, but I simply didn't have time to take my 2010 GMC truck in, so I changed the oil in it myself Sunday, and found the same thing- no magnet as like in the two LS1 Camaros.

Thanks for the linky, Mr. Kunk.

Wonder if the factory LS1 magnetic plug would fit? The link says both the 2002 LS1 and 2010 LS3/L99 uses the same plug, AP-04...hmmm.
Found the same thing with my fleet. My GMC, Mercury and Pontiac's did not have them as well. I think the manufactures do not want to spend the extra $2 to make them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about just putting a couple of the super strong magnets on the OF?
Wouldn't any ferrous metal flowing through the OF be drawn to the magnets there?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
How about just putting a couple of the super strong magnets on the OF?
Wouldn't any ferrous metal flowing through the OF be drawn to the magnets there?
Perhaps, but you wouldn't know for sure until you cut the filter open. With a plug, it's likely much cheaper than the magnets, and you wouldn't have to deal with cutting anything, saving a buttload of time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts