Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://seekingalpha.com/article/66255-chevrolet-s-malibu-sets-new-record-for-mid-size-car?source=5thgen.org

Chevrolet's Malibu Sets New Record for Mid-Size Car

A Malibu is faster than a Lamborghini. Bet the house. Or in today’s environment, bet your house from 2006. The Lamborghini Gallardo goes from 0-60 in 3.95 seconds. The Chevrolet Malibu does it in 6.5 seconds. Still, the Malibu is faster. But I am not talking about mph. I am talking about shopping activity and Chevrolet has seen the Malibu go from 67,921 new vehicle prospects in October to 236,011 in December. That is an increase of 247%, becoming the number 1 shopped mid-size car three months in a row, including January. This is the first time a domestic mid-size has held the number 1 spot for three consecutive months – ever.

Last month my colleague – Powder Puff Ninny – shared that the Malibu may just be the chosen one in breaking through to import buyers of the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry. Well, before we get too far down the road let’s take a look at the quality of new vehicle prospects that Malibu is attracting. In other words, how serious are they about actually purchasing a Malibu and how does it compare to the Asian juggernauts?

Compete tracks monthly new vehicle prospects, and since the Malibu launch the results have been a proverbial hockey stick.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Its nice to read good news about the "home team".:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
My local dealer can't keep one for me to look at!

·
2,774 Posts
first time ever? how can that be?
But on the flip side..NICE!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm really glad to hear this. I have yet to see any locally, but I'm happy that Chevy is shaking things up for Honda and Toyota.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
my neighbor has one, well not neighbor, they live on another street but I pass by when Im exiting my neighborhood, noticed it the other day, it's gold looking but it looks cool, i like it

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've seen a couple floating around, someone at work just picked one up.

I didn't like the rear end at first, but its really growing on me. Keep up the momentum, GM!

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
I got a good look at one a local dealer brought to an event we were at. WOW that car is good looking and priced right.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I first saw one last week, here in Phoenix. I'm starting to see more and more of them around the city. They're an eye catcher, for sure.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
Do I finally smell some serious competition for the Camry and the Accord? Good to hear.

Not that I'll be buying from that segment any time soon, but we all know how much consumers can benefit from manufacturer competition... :D

Plus, I'm lovin' GM's recent winning streak - more success for Chevy = more success for the Camaro.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts