Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we go again! Jim Cantori has arrived on the Outer Banks so I guess that means we're gonna get hit! That means I gotta clean up the yard and tie down anything that might blow away....and stock up on stuff...and put gas in the cars... fill the tub and the washer so we have water just in case....and hope that a tree doesn't crash thru my house. Well at least with the tourists evacuated, I don't have to drive so defensively. :D

This is a big one though so I hope we don't get a direct hit. That would be a bit more than a hassle then.

Well, that was my BS moment! :lol:

Bill

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Still haven't decided for sure yet. Never evacuated before so I doubt we will this time. We will see.

Bill

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Good luck I was here in Crestview for Dennis and Ivan. I know the feeling. Keep up the faith and I hope all is well....

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just remember: Not how fast the wind is blow-en. It's what the wind is blow-in.

Stay safe. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I bet you could get a better quarter mile time with that wind at your back :)

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! This one is lookin to be a doozy! Keep ya posted. :thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
149 Posts
i actually saw Manteo on the news tonight and thought of ya....be careful out there and keep us posted if you keep power!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the good words, everyone!!! I do appreciate it! I know evacuating makes sense but my wife has to stay here and work through the hurricane and I can't leave her here. I live on the highest part of the island so flooding is unlikely, just hoping the trees stay where they are! At least it's been a dry summer so the ground won't saturate easily unlike the rest of the east coast!

Keep ya posted all I can!!! :thumbsup:

Bill

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Just to be sure. Stock up on beer and ice. Be safe up there.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Wow, I just noticed it is running all the way up the coast.:eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts