Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanna see what everyone went with for their camaro, manual or automatic, and what made you choose. I chose manual because this car is gnna be a blast to drive in stick. Whats your take on it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ordered an auto because its going to be my main / only vehicle.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's my main daily driver.. but I ordered a manual..
Nothing like driving a sports car and shifting..
My Z28 is an auto, and it gets boring driving it..
even though it has a 3500 stalled A4 Transmission. It will put out a 1.78 60ft
Which aint to bad for a stock internal engine..

·
Registered
459 Posts
Manual shift in a sports car is the only way to go unless you are driving in city stop and go traffic then it would be a little hectic. If most of your driving is on open roads then the 6 speed manual is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Welcome to :5go: next time before you make a post please use the search up above and see if there is a post that has been already made before you go further. Hey we all make this mistake its all good :D

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8824

I love reading everyones comments and opinions on whats better. Just buy what suits you and live with it lol

Manuals are fun if you want to bring out the kid in yourself again lol Layn rubber , shifting through the gears and dumping the clutch woooohoooo we have all done it lol Only thing about a manual that sucks is the driving in city traffic.

Autos are great for everyday driving and drag racing..I dont know many people who can outshift todays modern automatic transmission. Until you have driven todays A6 tranny dont dis it.

both have advantages and disadvantages buy it , live with it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's your money and what is best is what you want. I have had my A6 1SS since 5/20/09 and I love it. I am from Boston so traffic figures into it for me, plus I like to drag race. On the way to work this morning I used the paddles all of the way. It is very entertaining in this mode. all that is missing from the automatic is the clutch pedal. Only a professional racer will match my shifts. The automatic will NOT miss a shift! Oh, yeah, a Porche Tiptronic 9-11 isn't a sports car? How about a formula one Ferrari? Why don't grand prix racers use stick shifts any more?

·
Registered
44 Posts
All "Big Boy Toys" should only come with sticks! :lol: No, all my daily drivers are automatics, the weekend toys are manuals. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought an an auto because my wife said the only way I could get this car is if she could drive it too. I figured I didn't need any burnt clutches on my hands:lol: so auto was an easy choice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I went with the manual too,, I can shift it pretty quick so the racing thing evens out . Its not my daily driver so automatic wasnt needed ( I WOULD if it was the daily car) . Shifting the gears manually just seems to put you in more control than press the pedal and go. Either is fine , I just think racing type cars should have a manual,, thats my personal opinion . But you really cant dis the auto in these,, I hear nothing but great things about them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'll be going with the manual as well. I'm still not sold on the "active fuel management" system. I still remember the days of the old Cadillac 4-6-8 system. I realize technology is better, but I'm thinking long term implications and possible repair costs. If I were still living in the San Francisco area, I would consider the auto. Some of those hills are a bear to get going on from a dead stop. lol!

·
Registered
68 Posts
6 speed, because my wife said that's what she wanted, quote "why give up 26 HP for the thing to drive itself?" her daily driver. I get a kick out of seeing her get into the car with high heels, she has done this with C5's, all manual, never had a problem.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Havent got mine yet but i will be going with the auto because i live close to L.A and i deal with the 405 and 5 freeways so yeah stick is out of the question but the only downside to the auto is the bad bog when you take off from a dead stop but other than that auto is what im getting

·
Registered
259 Posts
Auto, I live in California also. Not a Manual freindly freeway system.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts